Thursday, 9 January 2014

Review: YSL Youth Liberator Foundation


Ever since Bourjois Healthy Mix and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua sweeping me off my feet, in comes another irresistible suitor, the YSL Youth Liberator Foundation. A hybrid of skincare and makeup, it is said to benefit the skin as you wear it. It is the manifestation of the YSL Youth Liberator skincare line. It is the the first serum-foundation by Yves Saint Laurent to use the unique Glycanactif complex. This foundation revives skins youthful brightness and creates a more uniform complexion. Skin looks firmer and wrinkles appear clearly diminished, while the creamy coverage makes your complexion look beautifully even and rejuvenated.
So, after a month of playtime with this youth potion, I have formed my thoughts on them. Let me just say, it was love at first sight.Texture wise, it is thin but not quite as runny as say, Garnier BB cream. Although, the texture is thin, a tiny bit goes a long way. I feel like the pigment content is quite high because the coverage is phenomenal.  You definitely don't need a lot of it, therefore, it does not change or add texture to the skin. It just look like skin, almost undetected. I would say it has a medium but buildable coverage. You can see that it covers and evens the skin so beautifully. The blendability is what I really appreciate about this foundation. A tap or  two of my fingers or just  few strokes of blending, it is already blended into the skin. It disappear into the skin in no time making it the perfect foundation to grab if you are in a hurry. No more buffing in your foundation that takes forever to blend. The finish? Flawless, even- toned, radiant and healthy skin. It's like your skin is reborn.  Also, I don't know if I am just imagining it but I do feel like my skin feels and look better everytime I took it off. I guess the claims must be true.

After applying my Bourjois Healthy Balance powder, a blush, lipstick and some mascara. Notice that it also looks good with powder.
Raves aside, I do think that this foundation is worth the splurge. If you want to invest on makeup item that will make you look good, it's foundation. I would advise to go to a counter and test it yourself and see how you like it. As for me, I think I have found The One.


xxxxx
Fatimah

7 comments:

  1. Amirah 'Izzah Mohd Najib10 January 2014 at 00:47

    love how it looks on your skin, super natural! no wonder you look so glowing with happiness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.im so jelly of u cuz u got the oppurtunity to have it.i thinks its a great foundation when i saw ur pic with it.sadly there's no ysl counter here.if buy from online seller its very exspensive almost rm300 and gotta to take risk buying wrong shade :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nabilah Ismailjee10 January 2014 at 03:02

    Great review! I really wish there's a YSL counter here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 300!,!!!! Crazy!!!do they sell this in Singapore..it's weird that Malaysia xde YSL counter..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you amirah..I think it looks more natural than chanel VA..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you nabilah..yeah I wish the same too sbb nnti balik Malaysia dh xde dah YSL..huhu

    ReplyDelete
  7. tu la rasanya baik i buy chanel confirm x kan silap pilih shade.kt singapore memang ade ysl counter.if not mistaken malaysia penah buka sekejap b4 they pulled out the brand out of our country.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.