Wednesday, 8 January 2014

YSL Rouge Volupte Shines: Review and Swatches



                  
I mentioned these lipsticks; YSL Rouge Volupte Shines (RVS) in my 2013 Best Beauty Discovery (read) and today I am going to review these beauties for you. It is worth to mention that I prefer the Shines formulation than the original and the sheer candy formulation. They are definitely somewhere in the middle of the two. Not as sheer but not too opaque either. All of these shades from the Rouge Volupte Shines range last better than the Rouge Volupte (RV) and the Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy  (RVSC). They are shiny and glossy in finish and the more intense the colour, the better the staying power as you may know. It is unbelievable that the shade Fuchsia in Rage lasted 5 hours on me before fading and leaving a beautiful berry stain behind. That is almost unheard of for a glossy lipstick. All of the shades leave a beautiful stain behind as you can see in the last picture when they fade. 



Swatched on my hands above from left to right are RVS in Pink in Paris, Pink in Confidence, Pink in Devotion, Rose in Tension and Fuchsia in Rage.  They have a wider shade range than RV and RVSC, so, there is always something for everyone. I think there are more than 20 shades in this line. If you are thinking of owning one YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick, I would highly recommend the Rouge Volupte Shines lipsticks. You can choose any colour and it will look good on you. The shades are very wearable and can be built up for more pigmentation and glossier finish. The shades are divided into Pinks, Brun, Fuchsia, Nude and Rose. You can find from the names one which classes they are in so you have the idea of how it will look on.

Wearing Pink in Paris

Pink in Paris is the first shade I owned from the RVS line. I would describe it's a peachy pink colour. So beautiful on.


Wearing Pink in Devotion

Pink in Devotion is definitely a bright medium warm pink. I love how it brightens my complexion.

Wearing Fuchsia in Rage

For once,I picked up something different from my usual lipstick shade menu. You may have heard Lusa Eldridge talked about it and everybody including moi has gone crazy about it. I would describe it as a vivid fuchsia. I really love how unique this shade is and sometimes it is just fun to wear something different. I have to say that this shade pulls differently on everyone. What do you think about this shade on me? Let me know by commenting below.

Wearing Rose in Tension

Rose in Tension is a beautiful raspberry red shade. The red shade is very wearable for daytime and flattering too.

Wearing Pink in Confidence

Pink in Confidence is another one of my favourite pinky nude colour that does not wash me out. I always reach for this when I want something simple and understated MLBB lip colour.


As you can see, all of the shades leave a beautiful stain just after 30 minutes of being swatched. The longer the colours were left on the lips, the more intense the stain becomes. 

So, are you convinced by the amazing-ness of these lipsticks? I have just fallen head over heels with them again. 


 

23 comments:

  1. i love rose in tension and how it brighten ur face :) btw kak can i ask u a favor?kalau kat sana akak ade terjumpa Dior 'Rouge Dior' Lipstick Mysterious Mauve 786 please let me know.i dah cari kat sini but shade tu x masuk malaysia :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I will let you know if I find it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam hi. ysl is still in my wishlist as it's a bit pricey hihi. tengah fikir2 nak beli nude beige :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amirah 'Izzah Mohd Najib8 January 2014 at 19:48

    if i can get it here it would be my fave lipstick i guess! love the stain it left :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Pink In Paris too and I love it!
    By the way, Fuchsia in Rage looks gorgeous on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wslm..my 100th follower!!hehe..thank you for following me..never mind, just wait because at my place biasa akn ade sale 40% off lipsticks..I will let you know when the sale is and buy one for you if you want..i think nude beige is in the original line kan? but the color nude beige tu cantik, i have swatched it in store before..

    ReplyDelete
  7. it would be your favourite too!!i just can't believe that the stain of fuchsia in rage is still vivid on my lips 7 hours after wearing it and eating nasi and ayam goreng berlada..i am so impressed that i don't want to take it off but i have too because I am going to sleep..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can imagine that Pink in Paris looks beautiful on you!! aww..thank you..fuchsia in rage is really something..the stain it leaves behind is beautiful too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe..let me tempt you even more......

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh these are so stunning! they look so gorgeous with your skintone xx

    a-little-treat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Farisya Anastasyia9 January 2014 at 18:01

    so beautiful colours they are!!OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely shades Fatimah!
    I have 'Pink in Confidence' and really like it! Glossy lipsticks are my favorites by far!
    'Fuchsia in Rage' looks great on you!
    YSL have the best lipstick packagings... so chic!
    Good evening my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh they're all so gorgeous! I'm finding it very hard to just pick one to add to my wishlist :D
    I didn't even know they left stains! That's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is brilliant..i am sure you are going to pick up a red shade.. i know you love your reds!!they have quite a few reds in this range..

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love them too..aww thank you..haha..honestly i feel funny wearing fuchsia in rage but the stain it left behind is gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah!!! boleh rambang mata tau..

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you!! i am sure they will look good on you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeay! Can't wait hihi :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tasha akk ade jumpa mysterious mauve..I will let you know if the 40% off sale is back on again..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cantiknya warna Rose in Tension! Nampak cantik dan ceria bila akak pakai. Kalau ada sale 40% di sana, dalam RM berapa? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. jadi dlm rm99 mcm tu..owh..ramai suka kaler tu..thanks for telling me that it looks good on me..kena pakai selalu ni..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha I didn't know it was that obvious :P but yes I may pick up a red! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.