Monday, 3 February 2014

Food by Fatma: Pizza!!



Pizza has long been in my food to-do list and I got a chance to make one the other day. Although, I must say it was hardwork with a toddler running around the house and actually running the house. Haha but it was nothing that I can't handle. Et voila, after the hardwork I finally get to sit down and enjoyed my pizza. Cooking up a storm makes it all worth it when I get to eat it. It feels like having a meal after a session at the gym. Do you know what I mean?
 
While it is not the most healthiest food on earth, it is definitely SIN-fully delicious. See what I did there?  The dough is really soft and fluffy. I like my pizza quite thin like the Italian ones and I like my topping really minimal too. I also made my own paste because I have some basil and tomatoes lying around but you can totally use store bought ones or make your own with tomato paste or purée. Today I am going to show you the recipe for the dough and, let's get over the ingredients:
 
The Dough (makes 4 pizzas):
 
500 gram of type 00 flour (sifted)
300 ml warm water
28 g dry yeast
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt


First of all, dissolve the sugar in the water. Then add the yeast and distribute the yeast evenly and dissolve. The sugar in the water will be the food source for the yeast. 

And then, in a bowl or on a work surface, pour the flour in and make a well in the middle. Sprinkle the salt evenly through the flour. Then pour the rest of the ingredients in the well. Mix the flour with the wet ingredients and knead for 10-15 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. You can add a little bit of water if the dough feels dry. When the kneading process is complete, form a nice round ball and seal the top of the dough with some olive oil to prevent it from drying out. Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and rest the dough at room temperature for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Depending where you live, the process may be shorter but what you are looking for is for the dough to basically double or triple the size. 

Then, the dough is now ready to be shaped into a pizza. Dust your work area with some flour so the dough won't stick to it. Get you rolling pin out and flatten the dough into a round shape. Dust your baking tray with flour or cornmeal or semolina to prevent the pizza from sticking to the bottom. Place it on a baking tray, pour the sauce on top and your topping on it. Cook the pizza at 200 degrees Celcius for 10-15 minutes. 

And you are done!! It is very easy to make and will save you a lot of money than buying it ready at the pizzeria. 

I hope you will give this recipe a try and give me a shoutout if you do.


Love,
Fatimah

4 comments:

  1. Sedapnya!!! Oh Pizza....... T-T

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, my mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, my mouth is watering

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay sedapnye nampak. Making pizza has always been at the back of my mind, but mine consisted of getting the ready made pizza base then adding the toppings that I want :P

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.