Friday, 14 February 2014

Friday's Face #24: Purple and Pink



Assalamualaikum everyone!! Sorry for the delay of posts these past few days. As you can already tell, I was not successful to establish my new blog domain and it is taking me so much time that I thought to just forget it and continue blogging as usual with my old domain. I will no doubt try it again but for now we will have to settle for this.

So, for today's Friday's Face I had quite a lot going on with the eyes. Pinks, purples, neutrals and some glitter in the centre of the eyelid to make the eye makeup 3 dimensional. I busted out my Urban Decay Glinda Palette which seems perfect for this look and my Urban Decay Naked Basics to blend and warm up the colour together. I started off with a pink base from Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold on the inner corner of the eyes and a mauve base from the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Get Figgy on the outer corner of the eye. I probably should start off with a white base to make the pink show through but I guess I wanted a more subtle look. Then I layered Magic from the Urban Decay Glinda palette to the first half of my eyelid and then I took Tornado from the same palette on the outer V. I then took the shade Naked 2 from the Naked Basics palette to my crease and blend the purple and pink together. Then, to make the shadow pop, I took Oz (the silver side) to the centre of the lid and pat it lightly to prevent fallout. A little wing eyeliner and some mascara on both the upper and bottom lashes and the look is done. I also took a purple yeliner from Rimmel in Perfect Plum to my lower lashline.

I kept the lips and cheeks really simple and subtle by using two products from Benefit Cosmetics which are Benefit Lolli tint and Benefit Hervana respectively. and that's the look done!!

It is definitely different from what I am used to but that's what Friday's Face is for. getting more creative and original with my makeup.

Hope you enjoy this post and let me know what do you think of the completed look by commenting below. I love reading your comments!! Keep it coming!!


Love,
Fatimah


Face: YSL Youth Liberator in B60, MUFE Full Cover Concealer in 10, Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach, Catrice Prime and Fine Translucent Loose Powder | Eyes: Maybeline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold, Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Get Figgy, Urban Decay Glinda palette, Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, Loreal Super Liner, Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Perfect Plum, Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara, Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara | Lips and Cheeks: Benefit Lolli tint and Benefit Hervana, Dior Amber Diamond


11 comments:

  1. Nabilah Ismailjee15 February 2014 at 05:44

    Looooove this look! Purple eyeshadows suit you really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urban Decay Glinda palette tu dah takde kan, kak? Purple memang sesuai dengan akak la.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solekan mata tu cantik! your eyes looked bigger. Akak, just nak tanya akak biasa belajar make up guna tutorial or try and error?

    ReplyDelete
  4. kakak!! i really love the combination of colors on your eyes, so gorgeous! i hope in the future you can do the step by step tutorial like Maryam Maquillage. i really love this look ^_^ and oh, that Glinda and Theodora palette are in my wishlist, though I know they're limited edition. i just wish i could have them~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh love the usage of colours here. Lovely! Agree with the rest, purple really suits you well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sbnarnye sy main hentam je..hihi..you have no idea how much I love purple toned shadows!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously???!! I did not think it looked that good..but if you say so, then I will take the compliments..hehe..That is my dream someday, InshaAllah akk mmg bercita cita nk buat video especially cooking and beauty video..you can still get them..I saw it yesterday on beauty bay.com..they are limited editions but somehow they are still around especially Glinda palette..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time kasih innanie..akk igt tak ramai org suka kaler combo ni, turns out ramai pulak yg berkenan,,akk ade gak tgk YouTube video here and there and then akk gabungkan knowledge tu bila akk igt..hihi..although sometimes akk teringin jugak nk be daring with my makeup..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ade lagi June..Cuba tgk kat beautybay.com..kalau June nak bgtau akk,then akk boleh beli kan kalau dia x deliver kat Malaysia..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Akk mmg suka kaler purple!!rsnye mmg sesuai dgn kaler mata org Asia..

    ReplyDelete
  11. cantiknyer the end result of your eyeshadowsss >.<

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.