Friday, 14 February 2014

My Favourite Lipglosses






I am definitely a lipgloss girl. I love a little bit of sheen on my lips. That said I like my lipglosses to be shimmer free with a decent pigmentation to them, moisturizing and not sticky. All of them share all of these properties in common. So, in my lipgloss adventure over the years I have came up with a few that are my absolute favourites. Although I might add, the journey does not end here. Here, I will show you 4 lipglosses from the drugstore and 6 from the departmental store.

1. Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in Papaya: a perfect coral for summer. I actually prefer the Colorburst formulation to the Super Lustrous one  because it is more opaque, smooth and even in application. 

2. NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Natural: my favourite nude lipgloss for my skin tone. I have been loving it for years now. It does not last quite as long but the colour is spot on for me.

3. Bourjois Effet 3D in Brun Rose Academic: this is the first lipgloss I have repurchased for good reason. The texture is like water and lightweight. It does not emphasize dryness on my lips, in fact, it moisturizes them. I wore it a lot last summer.

4. Maybelline Color Sensational cream gloss in Stellar Berry: another brand that gets their gloss formulation down to a 'T'. Give it a go and you will be impressed. This shades perfect for the colder months but not too bold for the warmer months either.

5. Anastasia Hydraful Lipgloss in Moi: this lipgloss is an acquired taste for its plastic paddle applicator. It has the strangest applicator out there but the formulation is so hydrating. And tne shade is such a lovely peachy nude.

6. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Candy Shimmer: a cult favourite for good reasons. This is a milky apricot shade that is perfect for a lipstick topper. Not the most pigmented in terms of colour payoff but it is the most balm like lipgloss out there. It is perfect for touch ups.

7. Buxom Lip Polish in Berry Blast: this came all the way from America and that's how much I wanted it. I was not disappointed by it. The formula is minty and supposedly plumping which sets it apart from other lipglosses in the market. It also has Vitamin A and E to nourish your lips.

8. Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Troublant: the only Chanel gloss formula that I love. I am never a fan of their Glossimers because I find them sticky but the Rouge Allure Laque ticks all the boxes for me. It is like a souped up version of a liquid lipstick; glossy, opaque and long lasting. (some shades may vary in terms of longevity)

9. Clarins Gloss Prodige in Candy: another Clarins product but this time it is a true gloss that offers intense colour and shine. It smells like Fruitella and tastes good too (not that I purposefully ate my lipgloss,hihi). The formula is far from sticky. It has a gel-like consistency and it really smoothes out the lips. 

10. Lancome Gloss in Love in Under the Spotlight: quite new to the market is the
Lancome Gloss in Love. This shade has shimmers running through them but it was not too obnoxious to the point of being frosty. Some shades are creamy in finish too. This gloss has been the talk of the town and if you fancy a read, I have a review of it here

These are all the 10 lipglosses that I love and they are all tried and true. For me, when it comes to choosing a lipgloss, formulation comes first, then colour comes second and if they are long lasting, that will just be an added bonus. 
 
Are you a lipgloss girl? If so, what is/are your favourite lipgloss(es)?



8 comments:

  1. Akak, NYX tu menggoda lah.


    Untungnya akak duduk sana, semua make up product murah-murah kan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nys tu serious cantik..akk ade Beige tp x sesuai sgt dgn kaler kulit akk..sbnarnye lebih kurang sama je dgn malaysia, cuma bila sale tu yg jadi murah..nyx kat sini kalau convert dlm rm 30..nyx kat malaysia brp and jual kat mana ek?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tak suka lip gloss sebab teksturnya melekit dan sheer tapi teringin nak pakai, beli juga la. Pakai sekali lepas tu biarkan. Membazir. T-T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lipgloss ape yg June pernah cuba?tp setengah org mmg tak suka lipgloss sbb diorg rasa pelik pakai..hihi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector from a gift which I rarely use simply because it's Clarins, but its gooooddd >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sephora! RM20++ haha had to menyibuk :x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it..what colour do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That very same colour akak have XD haha

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.