Wednesday, 26 February 2014

My HG Mascara: Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara






You know when you found the one, nothing compares to it. As the song by Katy Perry goes: "Comparison is easily done once you had a taste of perfection." That is exactly how I feel about my Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara. It's the one perfect mascara for me and nothing I tried other than this mascara compares to how my beloved Lancome performs. I first got it in a sample and once I tried it,  I straight away went for the full size. It is that good.
First of all, let's talk about the brush. Neither too big that it ends up on your eyelid nor too small that it doesn't do enough lifting to the lashes nor plasticky that it pokes your eyes upon application. Ouch, I hate it when that happens. It can grab tiny lashes with the tapered part while also being able to grab the longer lashes. It is tapered towards the end and I find that it is a great shape for getting into every nook and cranny of your eyes. The formula is also spot on for me. Not too wet like the Benefit They're Real nor too dry like the Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black. I found that wet mascara formulation makes my lashes clumpy whilst too dry of a mascara formulation makes my lashes hard to stay curled throughout the day. The closely spaced natural bristles helps to separate the eyelashes. No more of that annoying clumpy lashes which I absolutely hate.
As you can probably tell, I have a pair of very fine, straight, uneven and grey coloured eyelashes. So, you can imagine that having naturally curled and voluminous lashes is not my strongest suit. I have a hard time finding mascaras that really work for me. Other mascaras that  I am currently using in rotation right now are quite good but they are not exactly the best. With Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes, however, I find that it does everything in one swipe (which was what I applied on my lashes in the images). It curls, lengthens and volumizes in a single application. For more drama, I usually build it up with a second or third coat and it won't leave that spidery and clumpy looking lashes.
All in all, this is all that I ever wanted in a mascara. Having said that, I am already on the last leg of this mascara and it is time to move on to other mascaras I have hidden in my stash. Surely, I will be missing it so much or will I? Can the next mascara beats it? We shall see.

What is your HG mascara?

9 comments:

  1. kak, kalau kat sana berapa harganya ye? Menggoda betul lah review akak ni. selalu buat kita check akaun, nak beli cukup duit tak? heheheh :)


    Share lagi ye kak. seronok baca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. akk beli nih masa 40% off..jd dlm euro 18.. kalau nani nak nnti akk bgtau klu sale tu ade..hmm skrg ade 40% off lipstick gak..kalau nani nk beli lipstick guerlain ke atau ysl ke..inform lah akk..deliver free je..

    ReplyDelete
  3. masih sale lagi ke sana? Tengok comment korang tuh makes me tempted as well hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. masih lagi..kalu nk bolehlah nk order..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lance virtuose mascara, It's really natural & separates and adds volume so well! However I don't think I've found my HG yet!

    btw I've tagged you in this post http://obsessedwiththelittlethingsinlife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe. Aper jer yang sale saner ek? I know there's a lottt. Lipsticks? hihi >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skrg tgh sale 40% off lipsticks..semua lipsticks..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Convert RM berapa kak? Macam menarik tu. Lagi2 Guerlain tu kan... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.