Friday, 7 February 2014

The Firsts Haul



So, I may have done some shopping lately. I talked about my beauty resolutions here that I will not buy more unnecessary makeup. I have not been shopping for a while now and I am so glad I did not because I have been discovering some great products in my stash. Therefore, this haul is focused on things that I have never had or brands that I have never tried before; thus the name "The Firsts Haul".  I was really strict with only buying things I do not own from a certain brand. Except for one repurchase which is the Alpha-H Liquid Gold, the rest are new in my collection. I did not go crazy this time and I picked a few bits and pieces here and there. It was rather a planned purchase and I know what I wanted to get so it helps not to over spent. 

So, let's have a peek of what is inside my shopping bags:

1. Diptyque Scented Candle in Roses: I knew I wanted to get a candle from Diptyque since the last time I went to Skins Cosmetics and after sniffing around the candles for the second time, I have found my signature candle scent. It has the best rose scent in a candle ever!!

2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light: This is something I have been wanting to try since forever. Everybody has them but me. As soon as the package arrived, I literally ripped it off, grabbed my brush and applied it all over my face. That is how much I wanted it. I really love the effect that it gives. It blurs imperfections and makes my skin looks amazing. I can't stop looking at a mirror every time I wore this powder. It's good stuff!!

3. By Terry Ombré Blackstar in Bronze Moon: By Terry is a makeup brand that I have been so curious about. Like Hourglass, By Terry products symbolize advancements in the cosmetics world. I heard nothing but good things about their products. I started my By Terry collection with their eyeshadow crayon which really stood out to me. It is not as high shine as Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze but it has just enough to look sophisticated. I found that it lasts longer than the Maybelline too.

4. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brunette: I mentioned in previous post that I wanted to get my eyebrow sorted this year and I have found just the tool for that. Now I get why everybody is raving about this. It is uber amazing and seriously this will give any brows the definition and the shape they deserve. The point is so fine that you can create the most defined brows with this. Brows sorted!!

5. Helena Rubinstein in Sculpting Woodrose: I have been eyeing this blush for years and I thought this is definitely the time to get it. I tried it in store before and I don't know what it is about this blush that it can somehow  makes my cheeks look sculpted and full at the same time. The lasting power is amazing too. 

6. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in no.8: Wow!! When the makeup artist started applying the foundation on me, I was amazed by how featherlight it feels on my skin. In fact, I did not feel as if I had anything on my skin. Like nothing!! It makes my skin looks the best, covers really well and lasts throughout the day too. More in the review soon.

7. Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy in Boudoir:  The perfect rose colour lipstick which I apparently have too many of. I did wear this once but I have not formed an opinion on it. And who can resist the red bullet?

8. Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey Cologne: I also knew that I wanted something from Jo Malone and I jumped on the opportunity while I was in The Hague (the only Jo Malone counter in Holland). After smelling every perfume they had, I was down to two choices; this and the English Pear and Freesia and obviously I chose Nectarine Blossom and Honey. It reminds me a little bit of Marc Jacobs Honey perfume but more fruity and it has a floral element to it. 

9. Tom Ford Lip Color Shine in Ravenous: I cringed when I saw the price of this lipstick or maybe fainted a little. Being a lipstick junkie, I just had to have some Tom Ford in my life even if it is just one. After some googling, I had my eyes set on this shade which is a bright pink colour. I love everything about this lipstick. It seems to last longer than average sheer lipsticks too.


I am really happy with what I purchased and so glad that I spent on things that really perform.  Now, I am officially back on a spending ban. Haha. Anything that tickles your fancy from this haul? Tell me in the comments below!!

Till next time!!


Love,
Fatimah



11 comments:

  1. Wahh. Very high-end brands. Lucky~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Fatimah! Everything tickles my fancy, LOL!
    I think now I'm the last person on earth who hasn't tried the Hourglass powders! I want to try them so bad!
    I've got my eyes on Tom Ford lipsticks too... 'Spanish Pink' will be the one I think! The packaging is amazing. I agree, as lipstick junkies we definitely need some Tom Ford in our lives! :-)
    Beautiful haul! Happy Friday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Semua best! Jo Malone, Hourglass & Tom Ford. Nak akak review.Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, pls! Hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, nnti akk buat..foundation biasa akk try lama sikit then baru akk review..tunggu ek..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really great as a finishing powder after you have set your mskeup..it brings life back to the skin..I really enjoy using it..yeah, I have seen Spanish pink before a lot and it seems to look different on everybody..

    Enjoy your weekend Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Xde lah..akk jmmg dh lama simpan duit utk ni..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe >.< tp untung la~ these things mostly xde kat Malaysia huhu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kak, jangan goda banyak sangat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fatima, im going through ur blogs one by one so please have patience with me :D
    Can u please tell me where I can find anastasia brow wiz?
    Also, I'm wondering if you have tried the Guerlain meteorites pearls and how it compares to the hourglass powders and what type of brush u recommend to use them with?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ghalia, I am in holland so I can mostly find them here but online you can find them at cult beauty.co.uk or space nk..they ship worldwide too. I would say the hourglass in dim light is quite similar to my guerlain meteorites in a way that it gives a blurring effect to the skin..but the best thing about the hourglass powders is they have quite a few shades to suit different skin tone and skin type and the effect you want to have on your skin..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.