Thursday, 27 February 2014

The New Generation Lipstick Hybrid

 
 
The end of 2013 and the year 2014 have witnessed the birth of these new lipstick hybrids that combines the nourishing properties of lip balm, the colour payoff of a lipstick and the sheen of a lipgloss. A few brands have come up with these including Maybelline for their Color Elixirs, Loreal for their Color Extraordinaires and NYX for their Butter Glosses.They are an oil based lip color which gives it the moisture of a lip balm and after trying them for a while, I am in love. You must be wondering how are they any different from the normal lipglosses? Well, I would say that they are more nourishing and moisturizing to the lips. As far as opacity goes, they are a little opaque and more intense. However, unlike the YSL Gloosy Stains which are water based, these do not set or stain the lips. 
I tried two shades; Rose Melody and Molto Mauve from the Loreal Color Extraordinaire range and one shade called Tiramisu from the NYX Butter Gloss line. They are both good but I prefer the Loreal ones more. Their textures feels so lovely, comfortable and they are not the least bit sticky. Meanwhile, found the NYX butter gloss a little thick and a little gloopy for my liking. It is also less hydrating than the Loreal ones. However, I cannot speak for all of them. It is likely that some shades are better than others. Having said that, both brands have so many lovely shades which makes me tempted to buy all of them. They are all so lovely and the scent is yummy too. The colours I have here also apply evenly and glide smoothly on the lips without patchiness. 
Considering that they are a new hybrid lip color, I would recommend you to try them. You know, just to satisfy your beauty curiousity. Personally, I also feel like because they are new, it may take some people some time to wrap their heads around the idea. And for some, it may not be so groundbreaking that it would justify buying them. If you are a lipgloss fan and loves hydrating lip colours, these are absolutely worth looking into. Psssst, I may be picking more. 

Have you tried any of them?

6 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh... these look so tempting Fatimah!
    Beautiful shades... I would have picked the same!
    I can't wait to try the L'Oréal ones... They are not out yet here though. I have to be patient!
    Have a nice weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the NYX Butter Glosses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be on the lookout for the Bourjois rouge edition velvet too..they get so many rave reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am starting to love it too!! Might be getting more shades!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried nyx butter gloss in eclair. sangat best & pretty in colour hee :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eclair mcm cantik..I saw Sabrina from sabby pure wore it in one of her blog post

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.