Tuesday, 25 February 2014

The Perfect Red-Orange Lips: Guerlain Rouge G in Genna





Everything started with Lisa Eldridge. From there, my curiosity about red orange lipstick just skyrocketed. Seriously, she is a makeup trendsetter. Then a swatch fiesta of every red orange lipstick happened when I was at my local ICI Paris XL. There were 3 contenders; Chanel Rouge Allure in Incandescent (made popular by Lisa Eldridge), Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus and Guerlain Rouge G in Genna. I love all three but who needs three orangey red lipsticks? All of them are great for different reasons. Chanel Rouge Allure in Incandescent are slightly more orange but I don't quite like the texture of the lipstick while Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus is great if you want a more glossy, buttery yet not so intense orangey red. It was a hard decision to make but the Guerlain Rouge G in Genna is perfection. The shade flatters my skin tone perfectly that it is the first red lipstick that I ever wore in public!! It makes my teeth look white too which is a plus. You know how much I love the Guerlain Rouge Gs (I own two more from the range, review here). The texture of these lipsticks are so comfortable to wear, feel lightweight and creamy on the lips and apply smoothly in the lips. It doesn't dehydrate my lips throughout the day and reapplication is easy because the packaging already comes with a mirror.  Not to mention, they are moderately long wearing too for a creamy lipstick. Imagine my joy when I found out right after I bought this lipstick that Temptalia gave this shade an A+ on her website. Gosh I feel so validated. This lipstick is fast becoming my top bold lipstick. I mean look at it. Isn't it gorgeous? Guerlain Rouge G, I will be back for more. 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous red-orangey color! I love it! Also unique packaging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour does compliments akak alot :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shade! Suits your warm complexion really well!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so gorgeous!! i bet it will look more gorgeous on you with a tan this coming summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. akk pun x sangka orangey red would look good on me..you should try it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe will do! Just have to be rajin to go find one first XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks good on u akk:))

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.