Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Tom Ford Lip Color Shine in Ravenous: Review and Swatches





I thought I have tried them all when it comes to lipsticks but I was wrong. I saw so many people adore Tom Ford lipsticks that I simply had to join the crowd. However, let me tell you that it takes a lot of thinking to actually commit to it but once you are in, there is no way out. You will get sucked in and simply want more. So, my advice is to have a bit of self-restraint when it comes to owning Tom Ford makeup. Tom Ford makeup is an utter luxury and it is the kind of brand that you should start by owning just one and start building up from there if you have saved up some money for it.

So, as an avid lover of sheer lipsticks, my first Tom Ford lipstick just had to be from his Lip Colour Shine range. It is not a classic from Tom Ford but I know, it is hard to make a good sheer lipsticks. Very few brands actually succeeded in terms of longevity of the lipstick. So, being Tom Ford, I had such high expectation for the lip colour shine. 

Several online swatches and swoons later, I settled for the shade 04 Ravenous, which is a bright pink. It is actually one of the best pigmented of the bunch and I really love the colour. What sets Tom Ford Lip Color Shines from the other sheer lipsticks?

At first application, I noticed a smooth, luxurious buttery texture and vanilla scented lipstick. On the lips, it is glossy and it makes my lips look fuller. However, it does not have the slip that most sheer lipsticks have making it lasts longer than my Chanel Rouge Coco Shines or other sheer lipsticks for that matter. I wore it yesterday and today and I am happy to report that it lasts around 4 hours on me which is bizarre for a sheer lipstick. I was talking, drinking, eating lunch, baking macarons, running after a toddler and this lipstick still hold. While it does not have the slip n' slide property of a sheer lipstick, it does not stick my lips together either. The colour hugs and cling to the lips so smoothly making it a longer wearing lipstick without being sticky. The texture of the lipstick is also thicker,almost gel-like consistency than most sheer lipsticks as you may be able to tell from the swatch. 

Besides the hefty price tag at €46, I cannot deny that you are definitely paying for the quality of the lipstick. The ingredients used are rare and exotic which makes up for the whole luxury experience. I have nothing but good words to say about the lipstick. If you are still hesitating to get it but really wanted to try it, rest assured that you will be amazed by it. I know that Tom Ford makeup is not easy to get hold of, so if you are in Europe, you can buy them online at Parfuma.com (that is where I bought mine) and if you are in the UK you can find them in store or online at Selfridges.com. If you happened to be in Malaysia, I believe you can get them in Singapore. If you know any other place that stocks Tom Ford makeup, share it in the comments below. 



See you in the next post.


Love, 
Fatimah

11 comments:

  1. I'm not sure, rasa TF belum masuk Msia kot?
    Perasan ramai orang review world wide!


    The pink colour memang cun lah kak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom Ford <3 Colour looks good on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's it Fatimah... you just sold it to me *add to wishlist* :-)
    I have way too many lipsticks but I need to try that brand!
    I'm also a sheer lipstick lover, they are my absolute favorites... The packaging of tom Ford is gorgeous... forget YSL! LOL
    That shade looks so good on you! And by the way... I love your scarf! Pretty colors for Spring!
    We have a Tom Ford counter here in the Dubai Mall... I'll pay them a visit soon!
    Thanks for sharing! Kisses!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha..ok, make sure you share your experience with your first Tom Ford lipstick too!! thank you..i really love the scarf too, i actually bought it while i was in Geneva..love the mint and the hot pink together..maybe an inspiration for your next OOTD?hehe..so jealous that you can go to a Tom Ford counter there..i am very satisfied with just one Tom Ford lippy for now..hihi..Have a lovely Friday and weekend Anne!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colour is gorgeous right? i think it would suit quite a variety of skin tones

    ReplyDelete
  6. akk pun rasa..ramai giler org suka Tom Ford especilly kalau kat instagram tu..godaan2..akk paling suka kaler ni from Tom Ford

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nabilah Ismailjee15 February 2014 at 05:47

    Drooling. Nak Tom Ford. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes :D how much does it cost btw? :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat sini €46..kat Asia tak pasti brp

    ReplyDelete
  10. Akk pun rs nk lagi..huhu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hihi. Kalau Asia rasernyer xde kot, IDK kat KL la coz I am not there haha :( added to wishlist! XD

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.