Friday, 14 March 2014

New In: Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream and Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet


Bourjois has breathe a fresh air to their new makeup launches. They definitely stood apart from other similar launches from drugstore brands. Being a trusted brand of many, I knew I had to get my hands on them. The first that caught my eye was their CC range which boast 2 standout products; the 123 Perfect CC Cream and the CC Eye Cream. Then, to make it even better, Bourjois just recently launch a gorgeous lineup of matte lip colours called the Rouge Edition Velvet. They somehow reminds me of Armani's Lip Maestro although I am not in the position to say if they are similar because I do not own any Armani Lip Maestro. However, they are both matte and opaque in finish.


Let me tell you the colour range of the Rouge Edition Velvet is stunning. Bright fuchsia, bright orange, true red, dark red, rose, pinky red, sienna and nude to capture any girls' fancy. There are 8 shades in total and I went for 02 Frambourjoise and 07 Nude-ist.


After road testing Nude-ist for the first time today, I am impressed. You know what I love most about the formulation? It is a liquid formulation so there is no drag on the lips while applying it. It is a very low maintenance matte lipstick. Once applied it  sets to a comfortable matte finish. Nude-ist is a beautiful rosy nude colour that stays on the lips longer than the average lipstick. I got 5 hours out of wear before a kebab devoured it. Throughout the 5 hours of wear I did not experience dryness on the lips. My lips just stayed the same as it was pre-application. Reapplying was also easy as it does not accentuate lines nor cling miserably on the lips. They are seriously a great breakthrough from a drugstore brand. Excellent pigmentation, finish and wear, I suspect that they will be flying off the shelves pretty soon. I highly recommend trying them if you are into matte lipstick or if you are simply dipping your toes into one, like I am. 


Next comes the new bases for your complexion and your eyes. These are the first CC cream range that I tried and there are a few points that stood out to me. There are 4 shades in this line. I find myself reaching for the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream in 32 Light Beige on days where I want a light base just to even out my skin tones. I am reporting that it does a great job at that. I also noticed that it feels very lightweight on the skin, blends effortlessly and covers imperfections lightly. I still need some concealer to covers any marks I have on my face. I love the light coverage and how perfecting it is at making my skin even and fresh like I just got out of the shower. It sits on the skin comfortably on the skin throughout the day without settling to any crevices or pores on the skin. The finish is subtly glowy and skin-like. A liltle goes a long way with this; too much there may be some product settlements on your complexion. I would recommend this for someone who loves a lightweight and sheer base. It is a great product for the coming warmer months.

Next comes the Bourjois CC eye cream which you can use to color correct your undereye area. I first used it today and I like how hydrating it feels on the eye and how crease proof if is. It does not settle on fine lines and the texture is very liquid-y and easy to spread and blend. The product twists out of the the bullet through a plastic applicator which I appreciate because it means that no product is going to cling on it forever as opposed to a brush applicator. So, every time the product is dispensed out, it is clean as a whistle. If you have problems with dark circles, I would suggest picking up a darker, peachier colour to counteract the darkness. Otherwise, if you choose the wrong shade or too light of a shade, the dark circles may look grey. I extended the placement of it to the triangles under the eyes and it did a great job at highlighting and it doesn't sink into the pores like some highlighting concealer can do. Overall, it is a great product. Big thumbs up from me!!

All I can say now is Bourjois is just killing it this year!! They are definitely new and different enough to get you on the same bandwagon as me. 

Anything here strikes your fancy? 



3 comments:

  1. i really love Bourjois and sadly they're not sold in Malaysia (T_T)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kan..sgt menarik..akk suka sgt,,been using it almost everyday..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can buy it for you if you want.. iam thinking of doing a bourjois giveaway soon, inshaAllah..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.