Friday, 14 March 2014

Friday's Face #26: Rainbow Eyes

 
 
 
 
 
 
Err. I am not sure where to begin. I am just as shocked as you are to see this week's Friday's Face. Gosh, since when did I start wearing colours on my eyes, right? Well, here is a little surprise for you. The look I created today was inspired by a makeup look done by Karima from Shameless Fripperies. She is like the Australian version of Lisa Eldridge. Her makeup application is always on point and the looks she created never fails to make my jaw falls and my eyes wide open. She is a talented makeup artist, an articulate blogger and a wonderful YouTuber. I love everything that she has came up with. Really amazing production quality videos and photographs, she deserves the attention. Do checkout her channel and her blog and I can guarantee that you will be hooked. 

So, as I said earlier this look is inspired by her and I took it up just a notch to celebrate the lovely spring weather by adding more shades. Since the focus is all about the eyes, I am going to talk about how I accomplished the look. I first started with a black base by applying Maybelline Color Tattoo in Immortal Charcoal all over the lid. Then, I took the Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in 37 Jade Shore , a vibrant mint shade and Bourjois Color Edition 24 hr cream eyeshadow in 06, a midnight blue shade to the center if the lid. Then, to define the outer corner I applied Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Get Figgy and as a pop of sparkle at the tear duct area, I applied Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold. I smoothed out the crease area with a matte shade from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette called Tease. I then lined my upper lash lines with a black liquid eyeliner. For my waterline I took the Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in True Bleu before smoking it out with a brown liner. To balance it out, I also applied the same mint green shade on the inner half of the lower lash lines and blend it towards the teal shade. Finally, lashings of Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara is mandatory to give the look more drama. Brows are defined with Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
 
Complexion are kept light but illuminated with Bourjois Happy Light Foundation in 53. I love this foundation. It just looks flattering in any light. With a foundation this good, only a tiny amount of MUFE Full Cover Concealer is needed to cover some of the flaws that are still showing. With smokey eyes, you always want to highlight (using Bourjois CC Eye Cream in 22) and correct the darkness under the eyes with Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach. Then, a dusting of Catrice Translucent Loose Powder is a must to keep everything in place. A matte pink blush from Essence Blush Up in Pinky Flow was chosen to make the complexion looks fresh and lifted. Finally, no smokey eye look is ever complete without a pair of nude lips. I could not decide between NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu and L'oreal Color Riche L'extraordinaire in Rose Melody so I wear both of them mixed together to get this beautiful pinky nude shade. 

That pretty much concludes today's makeup look. I have certainly enjoyed making it and I really hope you love it as much as I do!!


Thanks for reading everybody and have a lovely weekend.
 

8 comments:

  1. Cantiknya akak!!! Sesekali makeup begini lari sikit dari natural makeup memang nampak lain tapi cantik. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. still cantik. dont worry bout that. u guna ape to draw the eyebrow sis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L Fatimah! I'm not usually a big fan of colors on the eyes but it does look good on you!
    Your skin, scarf, blush and lip color... love them all!
    I will definitely check her Youtube channel. Thanks for sharing!
    Have a lovely weekend! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. akk guna anastasia brow wiz..mac brow pencil in lingering pun best jugak..

    ReplyDelete
  5. tulah..ni mmg tak plan pun..tp teringin nk letak kaler..last2 jadi cam gini..haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Anne..really appreciate it the lovely compliments..you have to check her out..she really knows what she's talking about..Have a lovely Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fuiyo kak! Mesmerising betul mata! Cantikkkk <3

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.