Monday, 17 March 2014

Radiant Orchid Makeup

L-R: YSL RVSC in 08 Iced Plum, YSL RVS in 19 Fuchsia in Rage, YSL Gloss Volupte in 49 Fuchsia Terriblement, Revlon JBKBS in Honey, Benefit Lolli tint, Dior Addict lipstick in Espiegele

Clockwise:  Gsh Pink Pie Multicolor Blush, Chanel Ombre Essentiel in Fauve,, Loreal Colour Infallible eyeshadow in Naughty Strawberry, Benefit Lolli tint and Zoeva Loose Eyeshadow in Wisteria


 
The colour of 2014, Radiant Orchid has captured me body and soul. Since it launched, I have been wanting to do a look based on the variety spectrum of Radiant Orchid. International company Pantone, which dictates the color of the year for the fashion industry, stated that 2014's color will be “Radiant Orchid.” This is inclusive of pink, purple, fuchsia, raspberry, lilac, deep maroon—everything in a mix of red and blue, erring on the side of red. Based on this, I have also gathered a few Radiant Orchid inspired makeup pieces from drugstore to high end to help you (have a look at my selection above). I love this shade so much because it is all encompassing and flatters all skin colours. You can wear it anywhere on the eyes, cheeks, lips etc. or be inspired by wearing a clothing item in this colour. 

So, without further ado let's get into how I achieved today's Radiant Orchid look. For eyes, I chose to wear a combination of pink and dark purple. I applied Loreal Colour Infallible Shadow in Naughty Strawberry to the inner half of my eyelids and take a  dark shimmery purple shade from Zoeva in Wisteria to the outer half of my lids. Finally, to blend, I used the darkest purple shade from my well loved Dior 5 Couleur  eyeshadow in Stylish Move. I also took the same shade to define and darken my outer V and drag it to my lower lashlines to give a hint of smokiness to the look. I lined my upper lash lines with a liquid eyeliner from Essence and tight line with a pencil liner from Maybelline. I topped the look with lashings of Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara and that is eyes done. 

I keep the cheeks really quite subdued so that I do not interfere with the eyes. And for that I used nothing else but Benefit Lolli Tint, a straight up juicy Radiant Orchid shade. I could use the same product for lips but being a true makeup junkie that I am, of course I had to pick another shade. I chose the YSL Rouge Volupte Shines in 19 Fuchsia in Rage, the shade made popular by Lisa Eldridge. It honestly makes the perfect Radiant Orchid shade. It looks scary pigmented in the tube but applied on the lips it is so forgiving and wearable. Because of the high pigmentation, I light handedly applied it on my lips and it gives a gorgeous radiant orchid shade. If you are feeling a little bold, you can build it up and get the shade you see in the bullet. This shade wears so well throughout the day and I am so in love with the stain it leaves on. 

I love the entire Radiant Orchid shade and I will be sure to experiment more with it. Are you also in love with the Colour of 2014?  

12 comments:

  1. So pretty!!!
    I love how you wear bright scarves... they look so good with your makeup looks!
    This orchid shade is lovely on your skin tone Fatimah!
    Have a lovely day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cantik! Warna yang ceria sesuai dgn akak. Nampak fresh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ye ke June? Akk rs sesuai utk semua org jugak..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anne..please do a radiant orchid OOTD..oh, can we do a collab post??Sorry the thought just crossed my mind..haha..have a lovely day too!! Mmmuahh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Akk mmg suka sgt kaler ni..sgt irresistiable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would love to do a collab post with you! Let me know what you have in mind!
    You can contact me directly here: annechardome@gmail.com
    Thanks Fatimah! (I will try to think of a radiant orchid OOTD... good excuse to go shopping, haha!)
    Mwah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love ur scarf. match dengan ur makeup! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes :D sesuai tol ngan akak heheh~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you hanie.. You can actually tell that I was going for a full on radiant orchid look..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's an old scarf but I still really love the color combination it has going on

    ReplyDelete
  11. always wanted to own a YSL lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.