Thursday, 20 March 2014

The Spring Edit: Drugstore Edition

 
 

The sun is out and it sometimes the light from the sun can be unforgiving for us makeup lovers out there. When spring rolls around, I always stick to light and non-cakey makeup. Makeup should be carefree, effortless and barely there this time around. And for that, I have shortlisted all reliable, tried and tested makeup pieces from the drugstore that screams spring and sun.

1. Bourjois CC Cream or your favourite tinted moisturizer/BB/CC Cream: look for something that are non-greasy, corrects unevenness or redness and light in coverage. The light from the sun is very strong  and stark so you don't want to look like you are wearing a lot of makeup.

2. Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller Ball: You want to look fresh and bright and it always starts with the eyes. I like to think that this is the drugstore equivalent to my Bobbi Brown Corrector because it has the same salmon undertone as my Bobbi Brown one. Bye, bye under eye!! 

3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: a recent discovery for me and I am here to report that this is the best drugstore concealer. It covers imperfections flawlessly and I also like to apply it under my eyes after correcting my dark circles. It is an amazing all-rounder concealer.

4. Catrice Eye Brow Set and Catrice Eye Brow Stylist: You know I love this but I have to say it again that Catrice makes the best brow products in the drugstore market here. They got their shades down; cool toned and looks natural on the brows.

5. Maybelline Big Eyes mascara: accentuate your upper and lower lashlines with only one mascara. This does not smudge, flake or transfer. So it is great when it is getting hot and humid out there.

6. Eyeshadows, eyeliners and shadow sticks: for me, minimal eye makeup is always flattering. I always go for either cream eye shadow or mono powder eyeshadow or shadow sticks to provide just a wash of colour on the lid. However, that does not mean you have to forget eyeliners altogether. There's a place for it and that is for tight lining. Just on the roots of the lashes and that's your eyes defined ever so subtly. For that, I love the Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Black. To brighten the water line, I love using my Catrice Inside Eye Highlighter Pencil. It is a great flesh shade that looks natural on the waterline. 

7. Bronzer and Highlighter: I am still a noob at applying bronzer but if I have to recommend a good drugstore bronzer it would be The Body Shop Honey Bronze. It does not look muddy on the face at all and easily blendable too. For a subtle highlight, I always rely on my Catrice Prime and Fine highlighting powder. I raved about it before on the blog and it is even a dupe for my Chanel Poudre Signee de Chanel.

8. Gosh Blush in Flower Power: this is perfect for the everyday spring blush. Not too bright or too dark, it had just the perfect amount of brightness and that natural blush look. 

9. Bourjois Color Boost in Peach on the Beach and Revlon Super Lustrous in Papaya: Peach and Papaya. Need I say more? These two are definite must haves for peach and Coral lovers out there. I was wearing the two of them layered together in the picture. Love how these wore throughout the day and Bourjois Peach on the Beach even leave a beautiful stain behind. I am all about stained lips at the moment. Can you tell?

So, those are all of my drugstore well performing makeup picks to help you bloom this spring. What are your favourite makeup pieces this season? 


4 comments:

  1. That Body Shop bronzer looks like a jelly type haha XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Neverland21 March 2014 at 06:21

    You really have many nice make up products!! I always follow your photos on Instagram and I'm really envious :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this look sis, it made you look radiant and healthy! ohh i really envy all those marvellous stuff you have :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nak cuba Maybelline Fit Me Concealer tapi tak jumpa. Foundation saja ada. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.