Friday, 4 April 2014

Friday's Face #28: Pastel Makeup, Tips and Tricks

  
  Here is something fun to do for spring. Pastel makeup!! Today's Friday's Face is double the fun because I am also doing a collaboration with my blogger friend Anne from Lifestyle Oasis who will be taking the pastel path with me. She will be sharing with you her Pastel Home DIY. And today pastel makeup post features two pastel eye looks to get you inspired for spring makeup.

 
 

If you want to play peek-a-boo with pastels, wearing a pastel eyeliner on top of your black liner is the way to go. In this look, I made a winged eyeliner with both liners. Stila Smudge Stick in Periwinkle  in Turqoise (the one I used for this look) is perfect for this because it is matte and saturated with colour. One tip to nail this look is to start with applying the bright colour before the dark colour. So, I started my eyeliner tracing with Stila Smudge Stick in Periwinkle and then I went on with my Pixi Lash Line Ink in Black to trace the base of my lashes. It is weird that I worked in reverse but in retrospect, it makes perfect sense because it easier to trace dark colours on top of bright colours than vice versa. Then, to touch up the look I simply intensify the blue eyeliner by tracing it once again to get the desired  look. Generous coatings of mascara is also key for this look because it will pop against the bright pastel background. I paired the look with a pink lipgloss from Loreal Color Extraordinaire in Rose Melody and Essence Blush Up in Pinky Flow.




Ending this post on a high note, I just had to do a full on real pastel eye makeup. I rummaged my makeup drawers in the hope to find anything pastel. And I did!! The first is from the Urban Decay Glinda Palette in the shade called Magic which I used all over my eyelids and the second eyeshadow is from the Dior Bonne Etoille Palette in the seafoam green colour which I used to blend my lower lash lines. For eyeliners, I am still using the Stila Smudge Stick in Periwinkle with Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Jade Shore mixed together. The key to this look is priming the eyelids really well. This will make the pastel eyeshadow pops and maintain its brightness throughout a day of wear. Besides, I also find that neutral hued blushes and lip colors are the perfect yang for the pastel yin. For that, I used Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed and Max Factor Color Elixir in Rosewood.

I hope you really enjoyed this post. If you want more pastel goodness head over to Anne's post where she will take you to an amazing house DIY featuring pastel frames to beautify your home. Click on her blog link here to find out how she did it. Anne is an awesome mother and an equally amazing blogger who lives in the cosmopolitan Dubai. She does fashion, beauty and DIY post on her blog, so do follow her on Bloglovin' and on her Instagram. She has an amazing home and makeup collection which will have you drooling. 

Would you like more rainbow of pastels? I think I might have some more pastel look coming up. So, keep my blog under your radar!!





8 comments:

  1. Hi Fatimah!


    I love that pop of color on you! It goes perfectly with your scarf!
    Thank you SO much for the kind words at the end... You are so sweet! :-)
    I had fun doing this collaboration! Thanks again! Much love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours! Especially how your hijab is also spring-like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am utterly jealous of that Glinda palette (T_T) your eye looks are always amazing la kakak, never fail to make me wow! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing makeup looks walaupun tak lah setakat makeup artist but I just love doing it..cuba lah cari dlm collection kot2 jumpa pastel shade..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you taslimaa..I think it would look good on you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what I bet it would look better on you too!! Have u ever tried pastel or neon shades for eyeshadow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a pleasure doing this with you Anne..thank you for putting up with me!! Thanks for doing this post with me!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.