Saturday, 26 July 2014

Eid Inpiration: A Whimsical Raya OOTD

 
Eid, or Raya as we call it Malaysia is around the corner and I am here to give you some inspiration for your Eid outfit. First of all, I love mixing and matching my outfit. And, since I  did my Raya shopping really late, I really need all the help that I can get from what I already have just in case I do not find what I like when I am out shopping, Whatever works, right?
 
 
 The combination of this outfit is actually inspired by the look created a Malaysian Fashion and Lifestyle blogger, Raja Nadia Sabrina here. The dress that she adorned in that post is so beautiful, intricate and elegant. However, it is also so expensive that I just could not spend that amount of money on one dress. To each is own. That is why I decided to recreate the silhouette of the dress with things I already have around me.
 
 
This outfit cosists of an orange skirt I bought years ago from Zara and my grandmother's baju kurung top from decades ago. When I first combined these two elements together, I was elated to see how beautiful it is!!
 

It is feminine, elegant, soft and the colour combination between dusty and shocking colours are surpisingly beautiful. The pleats on the skirt adds to the textural silhouette of this outfit. The combination somehow looks whimsical almost.
 

 
 I also loved the fluidity and flow of this outfit. It looks dreamy as the wind blows. I paired it with a matching satin silk shawl and I love the drapings that the shawl gives. I keep the outfit comfy and casual with a wedge sandal since we will be walking a lot this coming Raya.
 
 
I really love this outfit and I loved the idea of recycling your outfit into something that looks completely new. It is modesty at its finest. I really love this utfit and I hope you do too!!
 
Let's rejoice this Eid and let's not forget to pray for those unfortunate people in Palestine. Selamat Hari Raya, my friends. Maaf Zahir Batin (Apologies if I have wronged you in any ways).
 
Thank you for reading this post. Don't forget to share your thoughts about the outfit below.
 
 
Outfit details:
Baju Kurung top: My grandma's | Skirt: Zara | Shawl: Tudung People in the design  Maysa | Shoes: Pikolinos


 

4 comments:

  1. I cannot help but agree with you sis, that the dusty and shocking colour combination in this OOTD pops greatly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Fatimah you look gorgeous! I love everything: the color combination, the scarf and of course the maxi skirt!
    This look is dreamy... Well done! Please do more! :-)
    Happy Saturday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anne..yes I am looking forward to doing more ootd post..thanks for the encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you mieza..harao2 can inspire other people to mix and match their clothes too!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.