Thursday, 17 July 2014

Maybelline Lip Polish: Review and Swatches


 

Coming home to Malaysia certainly has its perks. Since I left home 4 years ago, I have certainly missed  so many Asian beauty goodies. Today I am going to talk about my new love towards the new Maybelline Lip Polishes in Glam 6 (second picture) and Glam 7 (third picture).

First, let's talk packaging. It is sleek, made from high quality material, in short, it gives an appeal of a high end product. I like that you can see the colours throughout the tube which is shaped like a lipstick bullet. It was genius of Maybelline to design it that way. I also love the tiny size just like my Lancome Lip Lovers (review here) which means it harbors less product than an average lipgloss because let's face it, having too many lipsticks means it is going to take me ages to finish one.

Formula-wise, this is at par, if not better than my Lancome Lip Lovers. Like all lip products, bolder shades stay put longer that their subtle counterparts. The formula is not goopy nor sticky, spreads easily, feels comfortable and moisturizing on the lips. However, these Maybelline Lip Polishes stays put longer on the lips compared to my Lancome Lip Lovers. Are you sensing a better dupe alert? You betcha!! These Maybelline Lip Polishes also leave behind a stain as it wears.

The doe-foot sponge applicator also makes it easy to dispense the colour in just the right amount for both lips.  The colour selections are also quite diverse with 10 shades from nudes to bolds to choose from. It would suit women from differing makeup personalities. I really love the sophisticated colour selections even though it is a drugstore product.

I just love these not-so-new Maybelline Lip Polishes. I could not find a fault in the product except some shades contain glitter which I personally don't like in a lip product. Other than that, it is a great product at drugstore price. What more can I ask for? 

Have you tried the new Maybelline Lip Polishes?




 


5 comments:

  1. love both colors! yang Glam7 tu made u look younger la sis.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too..do you have them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farisha Nadia (Nala)24 July 2014 at 06:52

    Wow, the Glam 6 looks to beautiful on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i lovve the colour glam 6..i am sure it will look good on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farisha Nadia (Nala)28 July 2014 at 19:22

    It is a gorgeous color but somehow I'm not really attracted to the lip polish, because every time I swatched them it doesn't come on so smooth. But maybe it was the lighter shades. I was really surprised it looks so good and that you say it can be a dupe for Lancome Lip Lovers! Maybe I should check out the darker colors ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.