Friday, 15 August 2014

An Ode to Chanel Rouge Coco Shines in 50 Rivage and 52 Fetiche

 

L-R: Rivage and Fetiche

Below: Rivage, Above: Fetiche
 
The black, the gold and the double C's always had me weak in the knees. Their Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks were the first products I encountered from Chanel. To this day, they are still my most favourite and the best sheer lipsticks. So, I thought they deserved a tribute on Fatimahearts. 

 
They are the easiest to apply, to layer and to wear. The texture is also just hard enough to glide on the lips without depositing too much product like the YSL Rouge Volupte does. Building the colour up is also easy because you can never go overboard with it. It also manages to smooth out the surface of the lips with its moisturizing formula. Think an ultra luxe version of a lip balm, but better. I have not encountered any drugstore sheer lipsticks to equal the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines. They have the most buttery formula yet they manage to stay within the lip lines.
 
It doesn't disappoint in the wear department either. It does not stain like the YSL Rouge Volupte Shines but it does stay on the lips for more than 4 hours on me without eating, drinking and/or licking.
 
I have two shades; Rivage, a pinky nude and Fetiche, a mauvey nude. I love both but I have an inclination for Rivage because I love pinky nude. The shade lineups are gorgeous and they are all on the wearable side of things even with some having a pop of bright and bold colours. 

I have some shades in mind which I wanted to add to my small collection; Esprit, Rendevouz and more. Till then, I am quite happy with what I have now.

Do you own Chanel Rouge Coco Shines?


xoxo.





 

5 comments:

  1. Khairunnisa Syahirah15 August 2014 at 10:14

    No. because i am too broke hahaha both colour is so pretty! but i think i like Fetiche more :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both colors! so tempting to get one of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you are going to love them!!they are just better than Mac even..Cuba je lah try kalau jumpa kaunter Chanel..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe..InshaAllah one day you will own them!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.