Friday, 15 August 2014

Street Stylin'


For me, street style is all about comfort and simplicity. While bringing my daughter around the town of Terengganu, I thought I'd share with you the outfits I chose to wear that day. I went to China Town (again) to see the quirkyness of this place. There are lots of murals and beautiful alleys that are perfect to stroll around. I love Malaysia, it's just so colourful and lively here!!


Since I did not bring a lot of clothes with me, I have been getting more creative with mixing and matching my outfits. And that's how this outfit came about. There's nothing couture or avant grade about it but this is how I love wearing my clothes most of the time. I want to feel comfortable like I am in my pajamas. Woops!! TMI!!


I do like to dress up but that requires time and when time is not on my side I just opt to throw on whatever outfit that works. Just as long as I look presentable and the outfit look good together.


However, sometimes you just don't know if it will look good until you wear them. In my case, I thought I wanted to pair the denim shirt with a pair of jeans but I simply can't pull it off. Then, I searched my luggage for a skirt and found one. It is actually the skirt from my grandma's old Baju Kurung which I wore on the first day of Eid.


I love the Baju Kurung so much and I love to have them with me to remember her everywhere I go. I paired the skirt with a denim shirt. The denim shirt makes everything look casual and relaxed. I just happened to have a matching scarf to go with the whole outfit. Don't you just love it when everything goes together? I do.


I am still hooked on my Pikolinos sandals and can't seem to part with them, so sorry to bore you guys but that is how much I love them. They are omfortable, flattering on the feet, and I just love the minimalistic design of the shoes. Let's just put it this way; it is me in a shoe form. Finally, to complete the outfit I paired it with a simple bucket bucket bag which I borrowed from my sister-in-law. I feel like I should give my Zara City Bag a rest, so to speak. Plus, that bucket bag really gave that street style vibe, don't you think?

I hope you enjoyed this laidback post on a Saturday. 

Scarf: Mydin
Denim Shirt: Vero Moda
Skirt: Grandma's
Bucket Bag: Ystrday
Shoes: Pikolinos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.