Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Flowers on My Cheeks with Clinique Cheek Pop Blushes


 
R-L: Plum Pop and Peach Pop

Wearing Plum Pop on my cheeks

 With its cute and hard-to say-no-to packaging, Clinique has surely got every beauty enthusiast went wild when the Clinique Cheek Pop blushes first launched. I for example, have stalked the Netherlands' Clinique website to get my paws on at least two of them. It lauched so late in the Netherlands compared to any other country in the world. So, you can imagine my frustation waiting for it to finally be purchasable on their website. and I was really happy when these finally landed in my doostep.
 
After much delibration and time sampling the product on my own, I am here to report that it does not disappoint and I would say that the fromula is unique enough to justify buying then if you think that you already owned too many blushes.
 
First, the design of the powder is made to be used. I say this because I know that some of you would hesitate to tap your brush into it for fear that it would destroy the flower pattern. Fret not, it won't. In fact the pictures are taken after they have been used so many times. They still look pristine and the powder still holds its pattern.
 
The formula and the finish of the Clinique Cheek Pop Blushes are something worth noting, as the two elements will justify the purchase. The powder feels so soft on the skin, not powdery, and very finely milled. I could not detect any shimmer in the powder but it gives a sheen-y finish on the cheeks which I adore. It almost has this pearl-esque reflection on the cheeks. It has this unique pearly finish which I think makes it unique. It makes the cheeks looks more rounded and prominent but still look pretty and classy. I wish that Chanel thought about coming out with a pearl finish blushes.
 
Swatching and applying the blush is a dream because it is not overly pigmented which warrants caution while applying. Yet it is not poorly pigmented that hardly anything shows up. I can slowly build up the colour to get the intensity that would suit my complexion. I am sure this is every makeup artists' dream. And my dream included because I sometimes went overboard when applying my blush. Trust me you will not look like a clown with these blushes.
 
To end this post on a good note, I think Clinique has nailed it this time. It is the blush worth purchasing and worth having. Will you be heading to a Clinique counter next? Or for convenience sake, you can purchase it online now here
 
 
 
xoxo
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I've read so many great reviews on these blushers, and gotta agree that they look absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peach Pop is so pretty! I love Clinique...
    Have a nice day Fatimah! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khairunnisa Syahirah13 August 2014 at 10:35

    both of the colour is so pretty! :D


    plum pop look absolutely amazing on you :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you nisa..can I call you nisa? I love plum pop too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are going for that peach!! Have a nice vacation Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, there are as amazing as people say they are..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the coolest collection. I don't own anything Clinique. Blame the name, sounds too 'clinical' for a beauty brand for me (yeah yeah, suits their skincare brand.. haha). The blush looks amazing though! Not sure whether we have those in Malaysia. Sephora definitely carries Clinique. Will check it out to swatch.. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.