Friday, 29 August 2014

Friday's Face #30: Lavender Smokey Eye


As with everything makeup, Lisa Eldridge started it all. She is such an inspiration. Watch the video here. Today I am giving my take on a lavender smokey eye.


I did something a little different where I used roughly all matte eyeshadows for this look. It is mostly an all-matte eyeshadow look versus the shimmery version from Miss Eldridge. It is also unlike me to choose cooler tones eyeshadows for a smokey eye. However, it turned out to be a softer and more complementing to my warm undertone.

Like every smokey eye, I balanced out the heavy eye look with a peachy pink nude lips, a soft contour and a neutral blush. There is nothing au naturale about a full on smokey eye but you can make it more subtle and less harsh by blending the eyeshadows really well. For a bold colours such as these, blending is really key to a diffused smokey eye.


Here are the products I used for this look: 

Complexion:
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm | Bourjois Happy Light Foundation in 53 | NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger (under eyes and blemishes) | Chanel Poudre Universal Libre in 30

Eyes:
Illamasqua Eyeshadow in Can Can | Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment ( I use the eyelid shade on the crease and the crease shade on my outher V and the brow bone shade for my inner corner and brow bone highlight) | Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Black and Perfect Plum for lining my lower lashlines | Pixi Lash Line Ink in Black | Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Mascara on purer and lower lashes | Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in Date with Ashton

Cheeks:
Gosh Flower Power | The Body Shop Honey Bronzer

Lips:
Chanel Rouge Allure in 78 Instinctive | Revlon Pink in the Afternoon


How do you like this look? Hmm, what could the next makeup look be? Might you have some ideas for me? I would love to hear it from you.


xoxo.





6 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.