Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Lip Product Addict Tag


This tag was calling my name, so I just had to do it for fun sake. Besides, you know me and my lipsticks, right? We are like bread and butter.


I see the tag surfacing across YouTube and blogs with everyone sharing their favourite lip product(s) in every category or should I say, question.

So without further ado, let's get on with the questions:

  1. Most favourite lip treatment:

You know I love Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip balm with Pommegranate Oil. It is the best day time lip balm. It is light yet it is so moisturizing. Dry lips is history. For night time, I am loving the Philosophy Kiss Me Tonight lip balm. The texture is quite tacky so it does cling to the lips to trap moisture. It has beneficial oils that helps my lips look fuller, moist and rosy in appearance every time I wake up. It is also petroleum-free which is a bonus. This lip balm really works and you should give it a try. It has since replaced my beloved Nuxe Reve de Miel.

2. Best eye catching red(s)

When I think of an eye catching shade, I thought of something vibrant and bright. From the dramatic side of things, it could also be something bold that is making a statement. So, I chose one for each category. The bright red goes to Chanel Rouge Allure in Palpitante, a gorgeous juicy raspberry red and the bold goes to Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle which is a true red. Both are equally stunning.

3. Best high-end lipstick

I have not tried them all but I have tried a healthy servings of high end lippies. For me, the Guerlain Rouge G lipsticks are the Creme de la Creme. They feel like feather on the lips, nicely pigmented (you just need one application for the colour to get an even colour coverage) and it has an excellent lasting power too. And let's not mention the eclectic shades available and the packaging. This spells utter luxury with quality and performance to match.
 
4. Best Drugstore lipstick(s)
 
Obviously I could not pick just one because there are just so many great ones out there that I like. Shown here are a few of my favourites. First is the Maybelline Lip Polishes; seriously the best drugstore lip hybrid. Richly pigmented, high shine finish with a great staying power. Next is a no-brainer for a sheer lipstick lover like myself. Revlon Lip Butters. It is still here because it is that good. Third in line is the one for the matte lipstick lovers. They don't budge, apply evenly and intensely pigmented. Another obvious choice are the ones from Essence. I love the shade All About Cupcake from their original line and nearly all the shades from their new Long Lasting Lipstick range. They are creamy, smooth with buildable coverage and moistirizing on the lips. Finally, a recent favourite of mine is somewhere that sits between lipstick and lipgloss. I don't really know how to decribe it but the formula and finishes are just beautiful. You can easily get addicted to the NYX Butter Gloss. I have 3 and have no qualms of adding more (insert evil laugh).
 
5. Best M.A.C lipstick
 
I am picky when it comes to lipsticks and that explains why I have a few M.A.C lipsticks. I don't know why but their formulation does not sit quite well at least on my lips. However, I have one favourite where I love everything about it. The peach shade, cream formula without any shimmer sheer but buildable coverage and also moisturizing. It is the M.AC Cut a Caper lipstick worn here. M.A.C fanatics, take note!!
 
6. Best Lipgloss
 
I have a simple criteria for a lipgloss to be the best lipgloss. It ought to be moisturizing, sans shimmer, quite pigmented, not minty or sticky. There is something about Bourjois Effet 3D lipgloss. It almost has a gel-cream texture that infuses my lips with moisture as it wears through the day. Not many lipglosses are made to do that. And that is why this is my third tube of it. Full review here.
 
7. Something extra
L-R: Bourjois Color Boost, Revlon JBKBS, Clinique Chubby Stick Intense and Catrice Pure Shine Colour Balm
 
Other than the conventional lipsticks and glosses, I do have a slight addiction to lip crayons. They remind me of childhood. And, I love how easy they are to apply and shown above are some of my firm favourites.
 
8. Liner or No Liner?
Hmmm, I rarely line my lips. I only do it for special occasions or whenever I am wearing a red lip. I simply cannot commit to lining my lips on a daily basis. Hihi.
 
 
That ends the Lip Product Addict Tag. I hope you enjoy reading it. I cannot wait to know what your picks will be. So, I tag:
Sabrina from SabbyPrue
Innanie from Blog Coklat Eyes
Wiida from Wiidaribbon
Renny from Sincerely Renny.

7 comments:

  1. cam best je xD hahaha. if I were to do this I do not own a lot :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I wanna try that Guerlain lipstick you mentioned! I never liked glosses but your words about that one from Bourjois made me put it in my wish list too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes you should totally try that Guerlain Rouge G..akk mmg suka sgt, if they wern't too expensive I would own all of them..hihi..akk perasan ramai org malaysia x suka gloss..hmm, something to ponder about..i particularly like the non-shimmery shade of the Bourjois effet 3d gloss..akk suka shade no.03

    ReplyDelete
  4. ala..buat je..i am sure once you lay everything out you will notice that you actually have a lot..there must be some that are your top favourites

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me! I've been wanting to do this tag too for my sexy sunday series. hehe btw, I love your choices, especially the lip crayon because I am obsessed with them! i might do that for my something extra too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I know I have like 12 and a little bit more XD I shall be doing this tag without being the one tagged :p hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha..xde siapa jugak tag akk..tp akk suka tag ni, walaupun susah jugak sbnarnye nk narrow down each category..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.