Thursday, 7 August 2014

Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner in Soft Black: Not Quite An Eyeliner but....




Hello again and I think it is not too late to wish all of you Selamat Hari Raya!! Eid Mubarak!! Today, I would like to talk about the new Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner which is part of the gift I received from Maybelline. I won the prize from winning the Maybelline Raya contest. 

The shade I received is in Soft Black, a cool tone brown. Unlike conventional eyeliners, this Maybelline Hyper Sharp eyeliner gives a translucent swatch on the skin. On the eyes, as an eyeliner, it hardly shows up. However, I really love the fine 1.5 mm point and the flexible brush. 

While it does not excel at lining my eyes,  (I prefer an intense and opaque eyeliner for lining my eyes) it performs great as an eyebrow pen. The features and the function (that I use it for) reminded me a lot of the Suqqu Eyebrow Pen which is loved by the one and only Lisa Eldridge. 

When I use it today as an eyebrow pen, it gives a fuller, natural looking brows. Since the point is minute, you can get a very precise and on point application for a defined pair of brows. The result? A defined frame for your face. Since, my eyebrow hair is lighter than my actual hair colour, I find that this tints my eyebrow hair slightly to match my feature as well. I feel like the shade does suit me. It lasted well throughout the day without any weird patchiness on my already sparse brows. 

So, if you have bought this eyeliner in the same colour as I have and was not impressed when using it as an eyeliner, use it like I do as an eyebrow pen. Do not throw it away just yet. Trust me, you will thank me later.

xoxo

FOTD: 
Max Factor All Day Flawless 3 in 1 foundation | NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in Ginger | Maybelline Blush Me in 04 I Love Pink | Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner in Soft Black | Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen mascara | Chanel Rouge Coco Shines in 50 Rivage




2 comments:

  1. Khairunnisa Syahirah11 August 2014 at 13:16

    So creative! but it's too late i already throw them out T^T

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best eyeliner i ever had is Eu Star. A brand from Thailand. Cheap and easy to remove. No smudge. I cant live without it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.