Thursday, 4 September 2014

August Favourites: Catrice, Pikolinos, Gosh Cosmetics and many more


It's favourites time!! I was late to the favourites party but let's do this. August has been quite a busy month for me so, my makeup was kept really simple on a day to day basis. I have also noticed that I have been loving a plethora of eye pencils; a brow pencil and two eyeliners.There's also a cult product that is fast becoming my holy grail that I thought deserves a mention in my favourites post. Then, there is one drugstore highlighter that should be in the limelight for being so amazing at making my skin looks healthier than it is. Did I capture your attention already? Alright, let the raves begin!!


1. Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder in Fairy Dust: I am in love with this highlighter so much so that there are days where I just wore it alone without a blush or a bronzer. It is so so gorgeous that I am not even kidding. And if you have been here a while, you might know that I have called this a dupe to the Chanel Poudre Signe de Chanel highlighter in the the past before (post here). See the side by side swatches here. Aside from texture, they really are mirror images of each other. The texture is just right, not too soft or powdery that it gets everywhere and not too stiff that nothing comes out of it. If you look in the pan, the shade has a balance of champagne, golden and pink aura running through it. It gives the most angelic glow to the skin. Girls, you are going to NEED this.

2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: this product has blind sided me to the other concealers I have.  It's been getting the fullest of my attention that I feel so bad for my other concealers. I have the shade Ginger and it is the perfect shade for me. The coverage is opaque yet it is very easy to work with due to its slightly mousse-y texture. Once it is on the skin, it will stay there until you take it off. I even use it for my under eyes and it works perfectly.

3. Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Extravaganza mascara: Helena Rubinstein is a really niche brand that specializes mainly in eye makeup. Their very first cult product was mascara and as of now, they have a wide varieties of them. Heck, they even have one called Surrealist Everfresh Mascara that is supposed to last longer in the expiration department. If you are guilty of keeping mascaras for longer than it should be, than you probably need to try that mascara. Anyway, the Lash Queen Feline Extravaganza is great for my stick straight lashes for giving volume and length at the same time. It does not transfer or flake during the course of the day. It is also pretty much like wine, it just gets better as it ages. Big love for this mascara.

4. Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in 001 Black: So, I have been tight lining throughout August and I have trusted nothing else to graze my tight line but the Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer. First of all, I love the convenience of the twist up design. You do not have to worry about sharpening and because of the non-sharpened nature of this eyeliner, it will never has the capability to poke your eyeballs. What's even better is it does not transfer or migrate to my lower waterline. It sticks there all day like a gecko. This eyeliner is just as good as the best eyeliner you ever own. Try it!!
 
 
5. Pikolinos Sandals: I know, these sandals have seen better days. I have worn them a lot that I have forced myself to wear another pair of shoes. You know when you love something, you will wear it wherever you go. This has been a great companion for my feet. There are so comfortable, I love the traditional design, the colour and finishing of the leather and everything in between.

6. Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in Date with Ashton: I think the same suspect has been in my favourites post before but somehow the month of August has been the month of rediscovering it. I finished my Anastasia Brow Wiz and I needed a brow fixer upper ASAP. In comes my Catrice Eyebrow Stylist to save my brows from frowning. I have to mention that the shade that my Anastasia Brow Wiz is a little dark for my actual brow colour and Catrice has it spot on. The texture is waxy that it could hold my unruly brow hair and stay in place as well. I do need to set it like any brow product.This will be my must have for brows  for a really long time.
 

7. Gosh Cosmetics Powder Blush in Flower Power: this blush is nothing short of amazing. Like any blushes, this seems a bit scary looking in the pan but blended out on the skin it gives me a beautiful neutral peachy pink cheeks. I can't really explain the colour but trust me it is BEAUTIFUL!! 
 

8. Gosh Velvet Touch Waterproof Eyeliner in 015 Pure Natural: Gone are the days of stark white eyeliner on the waterline and now this is when the nude comes in. I have been loving tracing my water lines with this nude eye pencil from Gosh Cosmetics. If you don't know about Gosh, it is actually a higher drugstore range. They have a lot of great products and this is one of them. The pencil is smooth and one back to back application is enough to mask the redness from the water lines. This does not transfer either. And, if you are a tear jerker when it comes to applying eye liners, then, this pencil is made for you because your tears will not be interfering with the application. I found the shade best suited for light medium to dark skinned girls as it does not lean pink. P.S. The photo makes the shade of the pencil slightly darker but it does not translate that way on the waterline. It truly brightens the waterlines.

And, girls, I really hope you enjoyed reading through this post. So, tell me what are some of your favourites this month? 


xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.