Friday, 5 September 2014

Friday's Face #31: Lashy Eyes and Berry Lips

 
Today's issue is all about bringing fall sexyback (err, what did I just say?).  Never mind, you get what I'm saying. Berry lips are all over the runway for the Autumn '14 and so does flawless, bare skin sans blush or bronzer and lashy peepers. Even though we don't experince fall or autumn per se, but sometimes it is nice to change up your makeup every now and then. Plus, it is a great way to discover a new spectrum of colours and experiment with it.
 
 
I know, it's probably shocking to see me in this makeup but I am all over it. It is so easy to do and perfect for fall because day time is too short in fall that nobody's got time to think about makeup. I could still remember that in Fall/Winter, my sole worry was how to survive the cold. So, let's start on how I achieve the whole look:
 
1. Base: After serum and day cream I spritzed my face with Victoria's Secret  Make It Last Prime and Set Makeup Spray as a primer. Then, for a smooth velvety base I used my Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in B30 and I applied with clean fingers. Then, I concealed my under eyes and blemishes with NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (no surprise there). To set everything I dusted Chanel Poudre Universal Libre all over my face not forgetting the under eye area. Finally, to finish the base, I dusted the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light all over my face.
 
2. Eyes: I groomed my brows to look slightly arched with Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in Date With Ashton. Then, for a subtle definition on the eyes, I took Essence Eyshadow (LE) in 01 So Hot, Donut which is a really unique tan shade to the crease of my eyelids. You can barely see it, but it's there. I then use my Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Black to tight line and my Gosh Velvet Touch Eyeliner in 015 Pure Natural to my waterline for a subtle doe-eyed effect. Finally, for more drama, I curled my eyelashes with Tweezerman Eyelash curler and a generous coat of Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Extravaganza mascara.
 

 
3. Lips: Wow, are we almost done? I love how bold lips can dree up a look just on its own. I chose Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 120 Cutting Edge blotting and reapplying to get a diffused and uniform coverage on the lips. The lipstick is semi matte so it does not dry out the lips. The colour is so opaque and full coverage but you can also sheer it down and wear it like a berry stained lips. It is a great mixture pink and dark berry in it which is forgving for a bold lip beginner.
 
That's today's look done!! How do you like the look?
 
 
 
xoxo.

10 comments:

  1. lovely! and very natural. love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khairunnisa Syahirah6 September 2014 at 15:06

    cantik!! i love the colour of your lips hehe
    <---- berry lips fan :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helllooo :) Long time no drop by! I hope you still remember me cz I REMEMBER YOU.. hehe.. Anyway, that's such a classy look. Loving the lip colour.. would totally rock it too.. :) Cutting edge describes it to a T! And also loving the effect that mascara has on your lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..thank you Aisha..I think I remember you but did you somehow change your name? I think Rimmel cutting edge is the best drugstore berry lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then you need to have this lip colour..other close alternative is clinique chubby stick intense in grandest grape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tq my girl in the green scarf..lama x dgr khabar bercita awk!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Pretty blog you have here. Would you like to follow each other? Let me know at my blog. Keep in touch.

    Shikin Kikin | shikinkikin.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh you look lovely Fatimah! That lipstick colour is awesome btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. na'ah.. don't think so.. :) but then again, I'm quite confused with this comment format..xD sometimes i'd use facebook login. in other times, google or disquis..

    ReplyDelete
  10. nurul jannah md isa20 October 2014 at 04:24

    Hello, Kakak! This look is very cute! Love the eyes. :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.