Thursday, 23 October 2014

Butter for My Lips feauturing the NYX Butter Glosses


You might be sensing a trend for the past two days that I kept on reviewing lip products. Well, let me tell you, my new followers, I am a self proclaimed lip product junkie. So, this week is what you can call the lippies marathon. I hope you don't get bored because we have a review of the beautiful lip glosses from NYX to share with you. The NYX Butter Gloss is fairly new to the market and I believe they have brought out a few new shades these past couple of months.
 
Ever since I saw them, I knew that I had to have them. The colourful packaging and the yummy shade names was what drew me in at first. Not to mention, the shade range is vast and extensive. I never saw this vast selection of lip gloss shades from the drugstore before. I knew, that choosing just one will be hard.
 
Of course, I bought NYX BGL in Tiramisu first after seeing Missglamorazzi raved about it. Then after putting it on my lips, I just knew that this is going to be my favourite. When I love something (beauty products specifically), I will always buy them in three or more, sometimes two if I don't find any other shades that I love. I don't know why, but it is always the case with me.
 

L-R: NYX BGL in Tiramisu, NYX BGL in Vanilla Cream Pie and NYX BGL in Strawberry Parfait
I bought two more shades; Vanilla Cream Pie and Strawberry Parfait. They have the most delectable toffee scent. To me, they smell exactly like the Toberrone Toffee Candy that I ate a lot as a kid. Consistency wise, I could not fault it. They feel creamy, soft and buttery as the name suggests. Best of all, they don't have shimmers in them. In terms of coverage, they are semi opaque because the pigmentation is still quite rich for a lipgloss. I love these kinds of slightly more pigmented lipglosses because that means I can just wear it on its own. Of course, you can even layer it on top of a matching lipstick or whatever lipstick you are wearing that day. And rest assured, they are not sticky or tacky at all. So, good news if you hate sticky lipglosses.
 

NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu
Tiramisu is a natural rosy nude shade, the kind of shade that you would wear with a heavy smokey eye. It reminds me a lot of my favourite NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Natural which is one of my favourite lipglosses (worn here). Tiramisu is better in terms of wear and longevity.
 
NYX Butter Gloass in Vanilla Cream Pie
Vanilla Cream Pie is a medium pink shade. It is the kind of shade that I'd always wear. I find that this shade is warm enough to suit my warm complexion, neither too blue, nor too shocking.
 
NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait
Strawberry Parfait, on the other hand, is what I would describe as a radiant orchid shade. Aaahh, I just love this shade. It is something different and unique that you can wear as a lipgloss.
 
Last but not least, let's not forget to mention that I love the smaller size of these glosses because I never finish so many tubes of lipglosses at once.
 
So, tell me, are you interested to trying the NYX Butter Glosses?
 


2 comments:

  1. I love these lip glosses so much! I have two of them... I've worn 'Apple Strudel' all summer long. I'm definitely getting some nude shades for winter! Tiramisu is on my list!
    Thanks for sharing Fatimah!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too!! yes, i suspect that you have apple strudel..they have a variety of nude shades..i think there's one called eclairs..you might want to check it out too!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.