Friday, 31 October 2014

Friday's Face #35: Not Your Typical Red Lip Look

 
 
 Red lipsticks used to be a big no-no for me. However, right now, it's a yes-yes!! In my opinion, you just have to try it and you will find what shade of reds will suit you best. There's no such thing as a rule when it comes to know which red lipstick suits what skintone. It is just a matter of trying it on and decides if it flatters your features. It took me quite a long while to finally know that I go well with the bright red family; whether it is pinky red or orangey red. As long as it is warm in tone, more often than not, it is going to suit me.
 
Today's fotd is all about the new NARS Audacious Lipstick in Grace; a stunning coral red. I cannot understand how a lipstick can be this beautiful, like seriously?!! Oh Grace, you are haunting my thoughts!! Anyway, raves aside, I decided to complete the look with a rich brown liner as opposed to the classic black eyeliner. The complexion is well highlighted with a subtle bronzed cheeks. The lower rim of the eyes are also outlined with a hint of rose gold to enhance the matte eye look.
 
 
Face:
Benefit Porefessional | Bourjois Happy Light Foundation in 53 | NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger | Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in 53
 
Brows:
Tony Moly Eash Touch Auto Eyebrow | Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep
 
Eyes:
Hema Eyeshadow Base | Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (W.O.S all over the lid, Naked 2 on the crease, Faint on the outer corner and Foxy on the brow bone) | Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pommegranate Punk and Chanel Ebloui used as eyeliner | Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Or Rose for lower lashline | Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Black for tightlining | Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express mascara
 
Cheeks and Lips:
Dior Nude Skin Tan Paradise in Coral Glow (only used the bronzer side) | Chanel Poudre Signee de Chanel as highlighter | Rimmel Moisture Renew Transparent Lip Liner | NARS Audacious lipstick in Grace
 
 
I love how Grace-ful this look turns out. It is so full of Grace!! I am enraptured by the beauty of Grace. I am sorry to blabber about the lipstick but I think you get what I am trying to convey. I hope you enjoyed this look. Happy Friday. Mmmmuahhh!!
 
 
P.S. Why do I always forget to apply mascara on my bottom lashes?
 
 
Love,
Fatimah

3 comments:

  1. i love the way you did the eyeshadow! awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bold red lip look but I can never seem to pull it off..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to Grace! No regrets kannn. :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.