Monday, 27 October 2014

Makeup Meltdown with Lipidol Cleansing Face Oil


For me, a good cleansing routine is mandatory for every girl even if you don't wear any makeup. If you are, then I cannot stress it more that you need a cleanser specifically made for breaking up your makeup. I specifically love cleansing oil because I don't need to waste a cotton pad and I can wash my face right there and then in the bathroom. And, if you must know, oils have the power to dissolve the makeup on your face, not water or foam for that matter. And luckily for us, there are a plethora of cleansing oils out there and I have tried a few in the past as well. My first one was the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which I think is great but is so difficult to get. My second was The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil which is amazing but I think it can be quite expensive here in Malaysia. Well, today, I have just the contender for it and best of all it is from the drugstore.
 
 
Meet Lipidol Cleansing Face Oil 125 ml that will only cost you RM 24.90 at Guardian. So, if you think you can't buy a cleansing oil because it's expensive, then think again. Generous little product, I must say. I have used it properly everyday for 2 weeks and I am here to report that it is an excellent cleansing oil. I am currently using it every evening to remove my makeup (if I am wearing makeup) and it manages to remove my face makeup entirely. I know so because when I take my muslin cloth while my face is till wet  after rinsing it, there's literally nothing on there.
 
 It performs the best on dry skin and dry hands (make sure you wash and dry your hands well first before touching your face). I simply massage it into my face to every nook and cranny and then I dampened my hands to emulsify the oil and rinse!! It's that easy!! The oil does emulsify and turn into a cleansing milk but I just like to go on with another cleanser to double cleanse after the makeup has been removed from my face.
 
 
This product gets my seal of approval. It has not broke me out and my skin thanks me for it. The ingredient does contain the controversial or made controversial, mineral oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) but after much delibration and reading, I just don't see any harm in it. If you are curious about it, read more about it here. The rest of ingredients are Vitamin E and various of plant-derived oils. I have to say, that this product is worth every penny!!
 
 
How do you remove your makeup?
 
 
Love,
Fatimah

2 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum and hi. :)

    Thank you for the link you provided on mineral oils! I've been looking into this topic for a bit and am always looking for good websites with research-backed info in them. Interestingly enough it was the Lipidol Cleansing Oil that piqued my curiosity about mineral oils because I bought this product too and I like it! Great post and great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikumussalam...i am glad that you find this post useful..have you bought the lipidol cleansing face oil yet?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.