Thursday, 9 October 2014

September Empties


It's been slow on the empties front. One because I have moved to my home country and two because I have not blogged that frequently. I promise I will blog more in the coming days. Before that happens, let's go through last months' empties which I have accumulated for quite a long time. 

1. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster: I have to mention that this is one tacky serum. While I love the orange scent, I don't really see an improvement on my skin. It's probably more suitable for someone else. Till then I will continue on a quest to find my perfect serum.

2. Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Day Cream: I love this moisturizer as it is not too rich for my combination-oily skin but it leaves my skin so hydrated. It absorbs so fast into the skin too. It is a great day cream that also doubles up as an anti-aging treatment for the skin. I would repurchase it but now I am currently loving a new daytime moisturizer.

3. Shiseido Anti Dark Circles Eye Cream: I think this might just be my first fancy eye cream. On the dark circle side of things, it does not live up to its claim. However, it does hydrate my under eyes and smoothes my fine lines. I will not repurchase it but I have been eyeing its sister from the White Lucent range which is said to target the dark circles. That might make it on my shopping list.

4. Philosophy Kiss Me Tonight Lip Balm: If you have read my Lip Product Addict Tag, you will know that I mentioned that this is the better lip balm than the Nuxe Reve de Miel. First of all, it is not petroleum based which I love. It contains all the wonderful hydrating oils to moisturize and replenish the lips. It works wonders at getting rid some seriously chapped lips. Everyone should try this lip balm. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat.

5. Nutox Night Repair: This was actually a product that I have tried a long time ago and I loved it back then. Come night time I love to pamper my skin with intense hydration and this night cream does the job. 

6. Nutox Oxyfusion Serum Concentrate: This serum contains bird's nest extract which is a famous Asian anti-aging ingredient. I have used this serum before and since they reformulated it I love it even more. It makes my skin plumper and firmer the next morning. It's a great night time serum and it goes well under any moisturizers. It is worth a repurchase.

7. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette: I love this eyebrow pencil due to its fine nib. And the pencil itself does not dry out and break like my MAC Brow Pencil in Lingering. Plus it comes with a good spooley on the other end. However, the colour was a little dark for my eyebrow hair. I would repurchase it if the need comes but in a softer colour. I reckon Soft Brunette might suit my eyebrow hair better. I would repurchase but I wanted to try other brow products from other brands for the time being.

8. Garnier Light Milky Lightening Dew Toner: I love this toner as it does not strip my skin and it does not contain alcohol. It also comes from the drugstore and is really cheap. I am just not sure if it's clarifying or cleansing enough. So, I am still in search for a good one from the drugstore. Suggestions are welcome!!

9. Loreal White Perfect Total 10 Whitening Day Cream SPF 30 PA+++: this purple tinged day cream is aimed to give you whiter skin. At first, I really love it but as I wear it till the last drop, I noticed that it is too rich for my skin and my skin always looks oilier as the day progresses. I did not notice any skin tone changes or dark spots reduction. Honestly, I used it for sun protection and that is it. So, I figured I'd better stick to the basics. And I am glad I have a good one. As for the Loreal White Perfect Total 10 Day Cream, I won't be buying it again.

And those are all of my empties and my thoughts on each of them. Do you have any empties in month? 


Love,
Fatimah

2 comments:

  1. true sis. at first pakai white perfect mya rasa ia very light and everything seems great. but around a month mya rasa muka jadi oilier than before. so what moisturiser ure using now ya sis? :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. skrg pakai clinelle moisture glow from their essential care range..beli yg utk normal to oily skin..dia oil-free, paraben free, no mineral oil..baguslah brand ni..so far pakai kulit rasa so hydrated and not oily even though akk layer sunblock on top..fyi akk pakai sunblock coola

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.