Monday, 20 October 2014

What I Learnt from the Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes Workshop with JasmineTam


 Blogging is to share and sharing is to care. So, I thought I'd share with you, my lovely and loyal readers what I learnt from yesterday's Big Beautiful Eyes workshop conducted by Jasmine Tam, a Malaysian Beauty YouTuber and Makeup Artist. The event was organized by Benefit Cosmetics Malaysia and I was one of the luckiest person to attend this workshop in which I won through Instagram. Thank you to Benefit Cosmetics and Jasmine for choosing me.
 
 
If you follow my Instagram, then you would know that I have been singing praises about the lovely and talented Jasmine Tam. Of course, it is only natural that I really wanted to meet her in person and learn from her. So, if you want to get more of her amazing talents do follow her YouTube channel and Instagram.
 
Let's start with my personal eyeliner dilemma. Firstly, it is almost impossible for me to get them symmetrical. And sometimes I either drew a too thick or too thin of a line. And, let's not even talk about the winged eyeliner effect. It's a constant struggle for me. That's why I am here, to learn and to improve. I know now that the key to my eyeliner problems was actually centered around my asymmetrical eye shape. 
 
 
All these while, I have been fanatic about getting the line symmetrical when in fact I should have addressed my asymmetrical eye shape first. Jasmine taught me to focus on adapting the line to the eye shape until they look somewhat alike to one another when you are looking straight into the mirror. I have to say that it does take practise and time to acquire the skill.
 
 
During the workshop, we had the chance to try the Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner and other Benefit goodies as well. I have to say that the Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner is one of a kind. With this eyeliner, it's like having a gel eyeliner and a brush in one product. One thing that strike me is how easy it is to draw a winged eyeliner due to the slanted end. And best of all, it does not bleed through the tiny little crevices on my eyelid as I drew the line which is always the case with my liquid eyeliner. Of course, those are just my first impression and we shall see how verstile it is as I put it to the test (more on that later).
 
 
Overall, I really enjoyed the workshop and I am glad that I brought some new knowledge home with me. Did you know that when using a potted gel eyeliner, you should use it from the edge to the centre of the pot to avoid it from drying out so fast? Yeah, I did not know that before.
 
And as a bonus for those of you who read this post to the end here's a video from Jasmine to help you with drawing a winged eyeliner. It is such an informative video and you will soon learn that achieving the perfect line is easy. Watch the video tutorial here
 
Have you any other tips to achieving the perfect eyeliner look?
 
 
 
Till next time.
 
 
 
Love,
Fatimah 

4 comments:

  1. yeah! amazing entry sis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a struggle for me too! Can never get it on point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kan, last2 padam semua!!haha

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.