Tuesday, 21 October 2014

YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in no. 5 Rouge Effrontee: Review and Swatches

 
I have always loved a multi functional product especially when it comes in a bright red number. You know I love a good bright red lips. The brighter, the better. Along with my Chanel Rouge Allure in Palpitante, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Frambourjoise and my Guerlain Rouge G in Genna, the new YSL Baby Doll Kiss and Blush in Rouge Effrontee fits so nicely into my mini bright red lipstick family.
  

At first sight, the shade looks almost similar to Chanel Palpitante but it is actually closer to Guerlain Rouge G in Genna due to its orange undertone. The texture is really mind boggling because it is unlike any other liquid lipstick that I know. It sits somewhere in the middle of Rimmel Apocalypse (glossy finish) and Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet (matte finish). 

The product does set on the lips after a while but it is not drying on the lips at all. It is really comfortable and light on the lips, nothing tacky or sticky whatsoever. When it wears off it leaves a beautiful stain behind. Even the more reasons to love it, right? The sponge applicator deposit enough product for the lips. The size of the applicator is quite big, so, this is not be something you can slap on without a mirror.

As a blush, it does give an easy and forgiving application. It is even easier to sheer out. However, it does not last as long on my oily skin. As a blush, I can see it as a lazy day blush. 


I am thinking of adding more colours because I do love this product. Besides, the colour selection that YSL has came up with is just too hard to say no to.

Are you interested to try the YSL Baby Doll Kiss and Blush?
  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.