Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Favourite Masks and Treatments I'm Loving At The Moment


I have been into applying masks and looking after my skin more religiously now. Besides establishing a proper skincare routine which I will share later, I have been doing my skin a little help on the side from masks and other treatments. I do feel that masks really help to boost my skin so my skincare can perform better. On blue days, wearing a mask is one form of instant gratification in a way that I can feel good and see a rather visible result afterwards.


It does not take much either. Just a few minutes of your time while blogging or watching TV or for me while waiting for my daughter to sleep is all that it takes.

So let's get into the details:

1. REN ClearCalm 3 Clarity Restoring Mask RM 169: This mask is actually a clay mask that is formulated for those who has blemish prone skin a.k.a me. I used this 2 times a week (usually Wednesday and Saturday night) to keep blemishes at bay. I do get a few hormonal breakouts on my chin around that time of the month and I have noticed that this mask helps to dry them up faster and in return they won't be so inflammed and red. Since, I don't use any localized acne tretment that is saying a lot on what this mask can do. I also use it all over my skin just to cleanse and purifies my skin. They help to get the impurities and dirt builup out of the skin. I do feel that clay mask should be a must-have for everyone regardless of skin types. And there are a lot of clay masks options for all skin types in the market too. So, if you don't have one, please do invest in one. You can buy one from Kensapothecary.

2. Alpha-H Liquid Gold RM 134.50: This has been a holy grail in my skincare regime. This is my second bottle and this time I went supersize. It is not exactly a mask but it is an intensive exfoliating treatment that you can give your skin should the need for it arises. It contains Glycolic Acid or AHA to help renew your skin via chemical exfoliation.This has been a major player at accelerating my acne scars healing process and helping them fade faster. What it does is it eats away and sloughs away the top layer of dead skin cells to reveal brighter looking skin. While doing so, the ingredients in it helps to boost production of  skins' own natural collagen. I do feel that every skin needs exfoliation and my skin loves chemical exfoliation. You can start slowly if you are worried that it is going to turn you red but so far it does not do that on me. They work in two ways; You can use it like a toner and follow up with your skincare routine for gentler exfoliation. Or like me, I like to apply it with a cotton pad and let it work its magic overnight while I sleep for more intensive exfoliation. I am awake with bright and renewed skin. Easiest exfoliation EVER!! You can order Alpha-H Liquid Gold for RM 134.50 from Luxola.

3. Filorga MESO Mask: This mask is described as anti-wrinkle lightening mask.The description on the tub can be slightly confusing but I am here to tell you that this mask does not fall short on its claim. When it is on, I can feel that it is working its way into my skin and I just know that this is going to be a great mask. It applies white and creamy on the skin and I just let it sit there until it is fully absorbed by the skin and becomes translucent which normally takes me around 20-30 minutes. Lo and behold, when it's washed off my skin never look or feel better. My skin looks fresh, luminous, lit from within and feels so soft. My imperfections are reduced and my skin just looks amazing, it even leads to my husband complimenting on how amazing my skin look over FaceTime the other day. It is a no brainer that this mask is concentrated with skin-beautifying ingredients; polysaccharide rhamnose, a radiance inducing and soothing ingredient, NTCF®, an ingredient unique to Filorga products to stimulate cell activity and the production of collagen. This mask is potent. A 10 out of 10 if you ask me. I am hooked on it and there's no stopping me. Filorga products are sold widely in Europe but I found that it is quite hard to find here in Kuala Lumpur.

4. Chanel Hydra Beauty Essence Mist: Another little helper when my skin is feeling a little bit parched, especially after cleansing. I like to spray this after I cleanse my face and I found that it helps my serum and the rest of my skincare to be absorbed better. It is true because skin is most receptive when it is wet or moist. So, I use it more or less as a toner. It is really one of those spray or mist that is really doing something for the skin so if you can invest on one please do so. Or you can even opt for an alcohol-free hydrating toner which may give you the same outcome. Chanel can be found at shopping centre that sells Chanel products.


That was a long rave. I really hope that I am helping you in some ways. Remember to always take care of your skin. Makeup can wait.


What is your favourite mask?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.