Friday, 21 November 2014

Friday's Face #36: My Favourite Brown Smokey Eye Look

 
I don't know what is it about today's Friday's Face but I think it is one of my personal favourite. You know Friday is one of those days when I let my alter ego takes me to whatever makeup possibilities. I almost always planned it ahead but let's just say sometimes a beautiful mistakes happened and you ended up loving the outcome. Well, today is one of those days.
 
 
I have always loved a brown smokey eye. It looks so flattering and sultry on every skin tone and on every occasions. You can go wild with it by playing with different tones of brown or play it safe with using the same tonal family. I like mine to be with a little dimension. You know, I always love a little shimmer on the middle of the eyelids. It helps to make the eyes look more round and bigger.
 
 
I am so glad that I finally discovered the potential of my my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and I am using two of my favourite shades from the palette. I also did my base quite differently today and I love the result that it gives (I will share the technique on an upcoming blogpost).
 
So let's get into the details...
 
 
Face:
Benefit Porefessional Primer | Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 53 mixed with Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in B40 | NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger | Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 25 for dark circles and undereye highlights | Chanel Poudre Universal Libre in 30
 
Eyes:
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pommegranate Punk as a base and Outer V | Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette; YDK all over, Chopper in the middle of the eyelids, Blackout on the outer crease blended together with Maybelline Pommegarante Punk, Foxy as brow bone highlight and Verve as inner corner highlight | Maybelline the rocket Volum' Express | Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner
 
Brows:
Gosh Brow Kit in 001 | Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in Date with Ashton | Benefit Gimme Brow
 
Lips and Cheeks:
Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Spice Spice Baby and Clarins Gloss Prodige in Candy | Helena Rubinstein Sculpting Blush in Sculpting Woodrose and Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighter in Fairy Dust
 
 
 So that's my Friday's Face guys!! What's yours?
 
 
 
P.S. I still can't get over how beautiful the makeup turned out to be!!
 
Have a nice weekend!!
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I really like how light weight the Bourjois foundation is but it just cannot stand with the humidity in Malaysia.It transferred to my tissue even when i gently blot my face T___T We share the same habit! Every friday i will take a little more effort to do a full face makeup :) http://azwaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the eyes look amazing, will have to try this look out!x

    The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farisha Nadia (Nala)23 November 2014 at 14:17

    Wow nice look! The Too Faced lipstick looks nice, been eyeing it hehe

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.