Wednesday, 5 November 2014

My Favourite Pink Lippies



If you have been here a while, you know that I talk about lipsticks a lot on my blog. You must have thought that I am a lipstick addict cum hoarder at this point, which is kind of true. I need to go to a lipstick hoarder rehab if there is such a thing. However, right now I am pretty happy with what I have and I will hold off from buying like seven lipsticks at once. Yes, I am embarrased to say that it really happened.
 
The years of having tested and tried a lot of lipsticks have of course paid off. I know what shades or textures of pink lipsticks that I love personally. When it comes to pink lipsticks, the common denominator that you will see here is they are warm in tone and medium in shade with two varying textures.

L-R: Essence All About Cupcake, YSL Rouge Volupte Shines in 06 Pink In Confidence, Catrice Pure Shine Color Balm in Don't Think Just Pink, TomFord Lip Color Shine in Ravenous
The Ones That Pack a Punch: From the swatches above, you probably think that they all kinda look similar but believe me they are not. A few swipes of these lipsticks can deliver a nearly opaque coverage on the lips. They are sheer but buildable to full  while leaving a glossy finish behind. Some even leave a stain behind like my beloved YSL Rouge Volupte Shines in Pink in Confidence (worn here). Perhaps I do not need to talk more about Essence All About Cupcake (worn here)  because you know that I have backups of these and I went on a mission telling people that they should get it. And did I tell you about that Catrice Lip Crayon in Don't Think Just Pink ?(worn here) It is a very close dupe to the Dior Lip Crayon in Gaia even in their textures. And oh that luxurious feeling of putting on the Tom Ford Lip Color Shine in Ravenous on my lips is amazing to say the least (worn here).


Bottom to top: Shiseido Tender Rouge Sheer in PK 327, Dior Lip Glow in 001, YSL Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy in 12 Tasty Raspberry
 
The most sheer of them all: These lipsticks are the most beautiful sheer lipsticks that I own. They definitely need more application to show up because of their high moisture content but in return, they give you a lustrous, hydrated lips. I do feel that everybody needs a sheer lipstick in their stash or handbag for lazy or busy days or on days when you feel like you don't feel like applying makeup but you just want a little something on your face. And these lipsticks that I am about to tell you will fill that void with their sophisticated pink hues. I have not spoken about the Shiseido Tender Rouge Sheer in PK 327 because I have just rediscovered it a week ago. It is such a beautiful sheer ballet pink. The Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm is a unique lip balm in itself. It changes color into a juicy pink shade on my lips. It claims to bring back the pinkiness to your lips. I must say that it is something worth trying out if you want to get rid of discolouration on your lips. Ending on a high note, you just have to give it to YSL Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy if you want a unique lip balm shades and YSL RVSC in 12 Tasty Rapberry (worn here) is no exception. Not many lip balms in the market produced this sophisticated medium pink shade. I love them all so much!!
 
 
Well, that was quite a lenghty post innit? Congratulations if you get this far!! What is/are your favourite(s) pink lippies?
 
 
 
Love,
Fatimah
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.