Thursday, 13 November 2014

The Best Affordable Moisturizer


Sometimes all you need in your skincare routine is just to take a step back and go back to basics. Nothing fancy or anything that promises bold results; just simple, fuss-free approach to skincare. For the past few months, I have been trialling new skincare bits from the drugstore and it was taking a toll on my skin. Then, I had a moment of epiphany and I was out there searching for a moisturizer that suits my skin type. Of course I have criterias; it ought to give hydration to my skin, lighweight, and it consists of great, gentle and non-harmful ingredients.
 
In comes the Clinelle Moisture Glow in my life. It aims to hydrate, firm and protect the skin and the formula I have is for people with normal to oily skin.
 
What Clinelle says:
A lightweight and oil-free moisturizer formulated for normal, oily and sensitive skin. Sin is conditioned while skins moisture blance is intensively restored and maintained for optimal hydration. Skins elasticity and texture are maintained while finelines and wrinkles are minimized.
 
Clinelle is one of a few skincare brands that I trust from the drugstore. I have been using their skincare way back in my teenage years and I love their approach to skincare. Most of their products are safe to use on sensitive skin too. I have seen that they have improved and extended their range of products over the years.
 
All of their products are free of artificial colouring, fragrances, comedogenic ingredients, lanolin, mineral oil and SD-alcohol. And if you are interested on the list of ingredients, here it is:
 
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclomethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Isohexadecane, PEG-75 Stearate, Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethiconol, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Allantoin, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Citrate, Potassiun Sorbate, Disodium EDTA.

Even though the product is not scented, you will get a hint of lavender (it's on the ingredient list), but it is not strong at all and it quickly dissipates. The consistency of this moisturizer is a lot like a lotion which is why it is great for people with normal to oily skin. At first application, I can feel that it feels soothing to the skin. It is absorbed into the skin fast too while leaving a soft feeling to the skin. Somehow, I don't know why, but, it reminds me a lot of my past moisturier; the well loved Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I don't want to say that they are dupes of each other but they are almost similar in everything.
 
After 5 weeks of using Clinelle Moisture Glow, I have not gone a single day without it. Sometimes I even use it as my night cream after my serum. For the day, I just need to layer a sunscreen on top and I am ready to hug the sun. My skin is really happy and hydrated. It never gets too shiny or too greasy at the end of the day. Just well balanced, healthy looking, glowing in the right places, radiant skin. And when my skin is behaving like this, I know that I am doing something right.
 
 
What is your favourite product from Clinelle?
 
 
 
Love,
Fatimah 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.