Monday, 15 December 2014

Chanel Camelia de Plumes Highlighting Powder: Review and Swatches

 
Like scintaliting white feathers in the snow, the new Chanel Camelia de Plumes Highlighting Powder (RM 215) exudes sophistication and extravagance. Once more, Chanel did it again with this year's elegantly designed and beautifully crafted highlighter. Somehow, Chanel always draw me in with their Christmas collection. And for me, the star of this year is their highlighting powder.
 
 
Feathers of Camelia as it is named, is an icy platinum shade of highlighter. The shade is really unique and outstanding for a highlighter. It reminds me of a snow day and glimmering snowflakes and this highlighter captures the essence so well. The glimmer reminds me when the sun beam hits the virgin flakes of snow.
 
This year's Camelia de Plumes Highlighting comes with a bristle brush unlike last year's sponge applicator. I can tell that the Camelia de Plumes is more dense in formulation and shimmer index that it requires a bristle brush to pick up the product ever so lightly. Poudre Signe de Chanel is more subtle in comparison, thus, the sponge applicator to pick up more product.
 
 
There is just something about the icy platinum shade that looks so warm in my eyes. I do not know if I am just imagining it, but I can see micro golden  shimmer mixed in with the platinum particles. It is definitely not a flat out platinum. This highlighter has an extra dimension to it.
 
Top: Chanel Poudre Signe de Chanel | Bottom: Chanel Camelia de Plumes
 Compared side by side, Chanel Camelia de Plumes looks cooler and less subtle in comparison but they are both equally beautiful in their own rights. Clearly, this comparison is not actually saying who is more beautiful but it is simply stating what they are most beautiful for.
 
I can definitely see me wearing the Chanel Camelia de Plumes to a dinner date with my husband or with my friends, while the Poudre Signe de Chanel is great as an everyday highlighter to give you just a subtle and an elegant glow. Both can be packed on for a super glowy look so it really depends on who you are feeling that day; JLo or Kerry Washington.
 
 
I am defintely glad to have Chanel Camelia de Plumes in my vanity because it is unique and I do not have anything like it in my collection. If you feel like you need this highlighter, please be quick because last I checked there were two left at Chanel, Parkson Pavilion.
 
So, who's going to be the two lucky people? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.