Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Kens Apothecary Haul, By Terry Discovery and My First Impression

 
If there is a brand that I could always lust after forever, it is By Terry. When I was in Europe, I first discovered the brand through SpaceNK. My first product was her By Terry Ombre Blackstar that is the best eyehadow stick around. If you have tried the brand, you will notice the extravagance, the luxe facade and the special appeal that this brand exudes. It is haute couture of makeup at its best. Among the rest of high end luxury brands, By Terry stands out from the rest for being different and individualitstic in its approach. And being Terry de Gunzburg, only the finest technology and ingredients go into her products.
 
 "My idea was to offer the same criteria of excellence, the same standards of perfection, expertise and proximity as are found in Haute Couture. I had been recognizing this phenomenon of personalization for a long time. I watched the world of luxury products slip toward a kind of standardization, of globalization, which essentially offered the same product for everyone. In the wake of the overconsumption of the 1980s and the minimalist, revivalist spirit in the early 1990s, I was sure that the next century would begin with people seeking pure creation and individualization."  Terry de Gunzburg

 
Her makeup range focuses on effortless apllication with easy blendability and excellent results targeted towards women/men who are always busy with work or parenting. I completely agree on that 200 % . The colour choices are extensive too to suit women with varying spectrum of personalities. 
 
By Terry Cover Expert in 5 Peach Beige
 
 
"By focusing on the rarest pigments and the purest active ingredients, I have uncovered the quintessence of perfect light. This has allowed me to create modern, precious makeup that harmonizes with the daily rhythms of your natural radiance." Terry de Gunzburg
 
This foundation aims to give a flawless and velvety radiance. Say velvety and radiance and I am all yours. That is why I love my Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. See the similarities? However, the By Terry Cover Expert is also formulated to perfect the skin and correct skin imperfection all while providing coverage that looks just like the skin has been reborn.
 
The first time, I felt the texture on the back on my hand, I literally said "Oh yes. I want this!! Let's find my match!!" to Julianna, the sales assisstant at Kens. It blends so effortlessly on the skin and settles into the skin into a beautiful semi matte finish. Just heavenly. It covers and corrects my imperfection so flawlessly that I barely need any concealer. Now, that, is what I called a kick ass foundation!! The By Terry Cover Expert will suit women with all skin types but it is best for combination to oily skin ladies. It is also the best foundation you can have if you have dark spots or are blemish-prone like I am.
 
I am going to continue testing the By Terry Cover Expert for longer so, wait for my detailed review. You can purchase this foundation from Kens Apothecary at RM 239
 
 
By Terry Baume de Rose
 

 
Ahh, another cult favourite from By Terry. This is salvation for lips in a jar. Packed with rose wax and 48 other active ingredients, you are surely getting your lips and nails the best treatment it can get. 
 
-Essential Rose Wax: Restructure and Soothe
-Floral Oils: Nourish and emolient
-Bio-ceramides: Hydrate, smooth and anti-aging
- UV Filters: Anti free-radical and protect
 
I really appreciate the SPF that comes in this jar because not many lip balms in the market gives sun protection without the thick feeling on the lips. The By Terry Baume de Rose gives a long lasting moisture to the lips while leaving a sheen of milky pink flush to my lips. The texture is somewhat waxy but not thick amking it stays around for longer than average lip balm I have tried so far. Some of the best ones are the Nuxe Reve de miel and Philosophy Kiss Me Tonight Lip Balm.  I have been using this religiuosly every night and I will report back later. You can purchase yours online through  here if you are in Malaysia for RM 219.
 
 
By Terry Touche Veloutee
 

 
 Another product that I have been eyeing for so long is the By Terry Touche Veloutee. I have the shade 3 Beige if you are wondering. I am always in the market for the next best dark circle corrector/concealer. I tried quite a lot but most of them, I have to be honest, crease and settle into my fine lines. Although they are great at correcting my dark circles, I just have to live with the fact that they crease and I have to check myself in the mirror to get rid of the creases and settling.
 
The By Terry Touche Veloutee does NOT crease. I was amazed because it is a liquid product and the probability to crease is as high as it gets. But No, I was wrong. It sets into an almost powdery finish and leaves no tacky-ness behind. Therefore, the need to powder is totally defeated.
 
What Terry says:
For astonishingly natural camouflage of blemishes, turn to this multi-perfecting anti-dark circle brush. Wield it with confidence for high-coverage correction of dark circles, wrinkles and fine lines and instant illumination of the eye contour area. Its powdery texture glides over skin and guarantees a lovely matte, crease-free finish.
 
I completely agree althoughy I have to state that Terry's definition of matte is not the matte that most of us know. Her Touche Veloutee definitely has the enviable glow finish that catches the light perfectly.  It makes it perfect to lift the undereye area  making them look younger and healthier. We are talking classy Kim K highlight. I am happy to report that as of now, I am blown away by tthe By Terry Touche Veloutee. Now, That is almost a complete review, right? Get yours here at RM 205. it is totally worth every penny.

 
 
Overall, I am really happy to find Kens Apothecary here in Kuala Lumpur and glad to invest in some high quality makeup brand like By Terry. Somehow, By Terry reminds me a lot of Hourglass Cosmetics. They definitely share a similar vision through how they deliver their products.
 
I hope you enjoy this quick review from me. Anything that catches your eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.