Wednesday, 17 December 2014

More NARS Audacious Lipsticks: Audrey and Anita

 
If you must know, I have zero self control over great lipsticks. They need to be so great that I eventually will be satisfied with owning at least three of them. That has always been the case with me and great lipsticks. However, since the NARS Audacious Lipsticks set foot and dominate the lipstick industry, I am not stopping at three. There is going to be more and I am coming back with at least one lipstick persona, named Vivian.
 
 
NARS Audacious lipsticks will surely be in my best 2014 best beauty discovery and for many of us too. I am not a matte lipstick fan. so that is saying something. I just find that NARS does matte pigmented lipstick the best in my book. The formulation and the colour selections just appeal to me and I bet for most of us too. The formulation is somewhere in between MAC Amplified and MAC Matte. They do not feel uncomfortable on and they are super pigmented. You are going to find your favourite nudes and bolds that are going to suit you in 40 colours that NARS has to offer. Word of warning: DO NOT buy them blindly. Most of the lipsticks looks different both in the bullet and when swatched. So, I would suggest you to try them in store and see if it suits you.
 
Left to Right: Anita, Audrey, Grace
The shades that I already have with me are Anita, Audrey and Grace (review here). They are consistent in formula and pigmentation. The nuder shade, Anita is just as intensely pigmented.
 
 
I just have to say that NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita is the perfect nude lipstick for me. Plus it makes my lips look like I just had a lip injection done. That is a good thing, right? Anita hits the spot with the perfect amount of mauve and pink that does not wash me out completely.
 
 
NARS Audacious Lipstick in Audrey is a whole different story. Audrey is what I would describe as a Marsala shade. This colour does not draw the attention like a red lipstick does. It is a mystery in itself. Metaphores aside, I seriously think that Audrey is an elegant and sophisticated colour. It is not too brown, too dark, too vampy or too red. It is simply a stunning in the middle bold while not being too overbearing but still looks natural type of shade.
 
The best thing about pigmented lipsticks is you can wear them down to a stain or build them up for more intensity. If you have been a girl who loves sheer lipsticks, then NARS Audacious lipsticks might change you the way they did to me because NARS just gets it right.
 
 
 
Are you going back for more audacity of the NARS Audacious lipsticks? I know I am.
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I have one Audacious in Annabella I seriously cant get enough of it! I'm planning to get the nudes and vampy shades after this ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love audrey it suits you really well! both of them actually but i like audrey better :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too..I am planning to get vivien and fanny maybe..the vampy shades is so nice and flattering..it surprises me,,annabella is so you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aisyahdecullen13 May 2015 at 05:31

    Came here to look at Anita. :) The name sounds so Malaysian.. my english teacher's name. hehe.. I don't own any Nars yet.. hmmm.. this is incredibly tempting. :3 *but i want to save up to travel... dilemma dilemmaaaa*


    ashchroniclesletsfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.