Tuesday, 30 December 2014

New Year Makeup Inspiration: Neon Lips and Smokey Eye


2015 is just two days away. How time flies!! Despite what is happening in the world today, I feel like there is always something beautiful to look out for in 2015. We have learnt a lot and grow from it, and as long as we are still alive, we will keep on living.

I know Christmas was all about the red lips and golden hued eyes. I thought I would do something different, bolder and daring for the New Year. You know, new year, new you, therefore, new makeup look. I am sure that you may have something to look forward to this new year and this makeup look is to inspire you. It is perfect for a day out or a night out with friends and families. The eyes are rather smoky while the lips are pretty out there and almost neon-like. You can tone it down the lipstick for a more wearable, less neon lipstick too. However, I feel like the bold and bright lips is really fitting for the occasion.


I picked up two bases that are going to be camera flash friendly because the odds are, you are going to be photographed especially if you are wearing a beautiful makeup. For that, I chose the Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Concealer is always the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. I finished my base with Chanel Poudre Universal Libre in 30 and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light for a halo complexion.


Brows first. I opted for a powder for a less graphic or block-y look. I used my favourite eyebrow kit from Gosh Cosmetics. By wetting the brush, I applied the lighter colour on the inner eyebrow and the darker colour from the center towards the tail of the eyebrow. Then, I took my Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium to brush them hairs in place.

Eyes are rather simple but the result looks like I have spent several minutes doing them. I started by priming my eyes with my trusty Hema Eyeshadow Base. Then, I picked up a shimmery champagne eyeshadow by Catrice in Fancy a Coppa Tea and applied to the first third of my eyelids. Then, I applied Kiko Long Lasting Eyeshadow Stick in 04 in the centre of my eyes and Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Black Stream to the outermost corner of my eyes and to half of my lower lash lines . Then, I blend everything together so there's no harsh edges. Pop some mascara and eyeliner then done. I also used a rose gold eyeliner from Chanel in Or Rose to line my water line for some sparkles.


To complete the look, I chose a neutral peach blush from Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion and a highlighter from Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder in Fairy Dust to the highest point of my cheeks and brow bones.

The lipstick I chose to wear is the YSL Rouge Volupte Shines in Fuchsia in Rage which is a bright puple-magenta shade. This lipstick is great not only because of the colour but the stain it is going to leave behind. Basically, this lipstick will not budge even through eating and drinking which of course we are all going to do on New Year. The formula is hydrating too. Therefore, it will not dry out your lips.


What are you planning to do this holiday?


7 comments:

  1. Love the look and the lipstick! xx


    www.izzahhahiraf.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fatimah, you can really pull off any shade of lipstick! This color looks AMAZING on you!
    I wish you a lovely New Year's Eve! We are planning to spend our evening on the beach watching the fireworks!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeouss as usualll kak :D

    www.hanablurbs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..you are always at the beach..lucky you!! Enjoy your time with Benji..my husband is coming home tomorrow!! Finally..just in time for the new year..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lipstick is really something, kan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you syaza..happy new year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. most welcome :) happy new year to you too kak :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.