Monday, 22 December 2014

The Prime Suspects

 
For so long, I have been the non-believers that primers can actually do something to my makeup. However, since the revelation came a few months back it has all changed for the better, I might add. In fact, I have not gone a day of wearing makeup without putting on my primer first. Depending on the finish I want on my makeup to be that day there have been three that I have been reaching for.
 
1. The Glow Inducer: You are probably tired of me talking about it but the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is what you NEED for dull and sallow skin day. It is a must-have potion for me because it simply awakens and tightens the skin in seconds. It really is beauty in a flash. My makeup just glides on top of it so easily when I wear this and my complexion looks healthier and radiant than ever. Did I mention that that it also doubles as a mask? Yeah, it is worth some brownie points for the skincare benefits.
 
2. The Smooth Operator: Great for anybody who has surface irregularities or enlarged pores in certain areas of the face. The silicone-based primers are great for filling in the pores making the complexion appears smoother and more even. Top it off with foundation and powder, I also find that the Benefit Porefessional  helps to prolong the wear of my makeup throughout the day. My advice, ALWAYS it with powder otherwise your foundation will simply slide off your face because the primer is already loaded with silicone.
 
Bottom: Girogio Armani Luminous Silk foundation | Middle: Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel | Top: Chanel LBDC mixed with GA LS (notice that the foundation is lighter compared to the bottom)

 
3. The Universal Primer: The Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel (RM 147) is a rather new addition to my primer squad. And a great one too. It is my new primer love. I don't know how it does it but this oil-free primer manages to even out my skin tone, reduce the appearance of my pores, mattifies my skin while giving it a brighter appearance without the use of shimmer. In short, it gives my skin the halo effect. My skin never looked better. This is by far THE BEST primer!! It suits my combination skin better and I think it would oily skinned girls the best. This primer contains a good skin caring ingredients too like Witch Hazel to diminish the look of pores, mica and silica powders to mattify complexion and prolong makeup wear, liquorice extract to help evening out skin tone and also a moisturizing complex to help soothe and hydrate the skin. It is really everything that you will want in a primer. If you could only have one primer, the Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel is the answer. And recently, I found that, due to the white coloured base, I can mix it with my darker foundation to make it lighter to match my skin tone. And it works!! I highly recommend buying it because it now comes with a new packaging complete with a pump dispenser. What's not to love?!!
 
 
 
Do you have a favourite primer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.