Monday, 5 January 2015

Chanel Reverie Parisiene Collection: Rouge Allure Velvet in 50 La Romanesque

 
One of the most anticipated collection from Chanel and I can really understand why. With Chanel, I am always interested in their seasonal collection especially their Spring and Winter collection. This Spring 2015, Chanel has come up with a complete collection of blushes, lipsticks, lipglosses, nail varnishes and eyeshadows. I came to the Chanel counter in Pavilion with a sole intention to purchase the Camelia Rose Blush. A swatch and several deliberation later, I decided not to. I am just not whole-heartedly into it because it swatches quite powdery and pale against my skin. And then, I move on to the next target, the lipsticks. Now, we are talking. Having loved the Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet for so long, I am always looking forward to see more shades that Chanel is bringing in every collection. I think Chanel should start thinking of adding more shades into their permanent line of Rouge Allure Velvet.
 
 
If you have not tried the Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet before, they are one of the most comfortable matte finish lipsticks in the market. The word "velvet" really describes them well. They have a velvety-matte finish making the colour look ever so luminous as opposed to a flat out matte. They feel so lightweight, almost like wearing nothing on the lips. The bullet glides instead of drags on the lips too. Post application, you can still purse your lips to distribute the colour evenly before the silicone (or the velvety element) subsides and making the lipstick sets on the lips. For me, those are pretty much criteria for the best low maintenance and effortless lipstick to apply on the lips.
 
 
This season, they are two Chanel Rouge Allure Velvets; La Romanesque and La Petillante. La Petillante is a pinky coral. I did not get it because I thought I have something like it in my collection. Although now I am regretting not getting it. Oh well, I can probably live without it. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La Romanesque (RM 100) is what I would describe as a cool berry toned fuchsia. When I first tried it on my lips at the counter, I was sold. Theré was no thinking twice. The shade is just too beautiful to pass.
 
 
Chanel La Romanesque wore well around 6 hours on me, with just eating a sandwich and drinking some water. I suspect it might wear less longer if I were to eat a bowl of noodle soup or a burger. Even so, there is a stain left behind from the lipstick. This shade applies evenly and smooth on the lips as well. It fades evenly too without leaving any uneven patches on the lips.
 
 
As you can already tell I really do love this shade. Are you thinking about trying/buying it?
 
 
P.S. According to Temptalia, La Romanesque is going into the permanent line. So, there is always time to get it.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I was at the Chanel counter yesterday and couldn't really decide whether to get this or La Pettilante (the coral red one). Did you get to play with both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did but I thought I have another more flattering coral red shade in my collection..never mind there's still time to think..question is which one do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true! I didn't have coral red, but I'm not completely convinced with the shade. Was hoping La Romanesque is the color of what the model wears on the promo on me, but not really. Good to know it's permanent though, so I have time to think :). Love your beauty blog btw, so rare to see good blogs of people in my skintone!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.