Friday, 2 January 2015

December 2014 Favourites: A Biscuit, Makeup and a Lot of Skincare

 
I know it's already January 2015 but let's rewind to December so I can share what I have been loving. They were mostly skincare, biscuits (yes, you heard that right) and of course, makeup. I promise that this will be a quick read, so let's get to it:
 
1. Julie's Finger Lemon Biscuits: I am hard to please when it comes to sugary snacks or lack thereof. I am not a dessert queen so I always sort to fruits to satisfy my sugar cravings. I do not like food that are too sweet and this biscuits is perfect for me. First of all, it tastse like lemon, not that sickly butter cream taste. It is sour and sweet and the biscuits are just so crispy, it is addictive. Yumm!!
 
2. Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel: I know I should not rave but I can't help it if the product itself is great. Rave aside, this primer really helps to minimize pores, give radiance without using any shimmer, mattifies the skin all while soothing and hydrating the skin. The perfect primer to have? You betcha.
 
3. By Terry Cover Expert: This foundation was love at first test. It mattifies and turns into powder as you blendd it into the skin. However, it still maintains translucency and luminousity of the skin. the coverage is great too. It covers just where it is needed. I love it when a foundation does that.
 
4. Chanel Camelia de Plumes Highlighter: I don't think I can ever resist a Chanel highlighter. They always have the finest shimmer, the softest texture and the most beautiful platinum tone that complements my skin tone.
 
5. By Terry Touche Veloutee: The one highlighting concealer that does not crease under my eyes. It is genius because it sets to a powder to prevent any creasing. Genius!!
 
6. Clinique Blush Pop Cheek Pop in Peach Pop: The best blush formula ever!! The finish is ever so pearly on the cheeks. It has just the right blendability on the skin too. And this specific shade is great for any makeup look that I have been wearing this past month.
 
 
 
7. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita and Audrey: Perfect color, perfect lipstick formula. I don't need to say more. You can read my thoughts here.
 
8. Chanel Rouge Allure in Palpitante: My favourite day time appropriate red lipstick. I love strawberry red lipstick the best. It flatters my skin tone really well.
 
9. Clinelle Moisture Glow: Yes I am still using this for my day time moisturizer. I am already on my second tube. It has no nasties, gentle on the skin, hydrating and feels comfortable on the skin too. I have so much love for this.
 
10. Dior Hydra Life Youth Essential Sorbet Essence: Confusing name ever. I use this religiuously since 2 months ago as a hydrating day serum. It works wonders at hydrating my skin. My skin has never been dry since I found this.
 
11. Kate Somerville D-Scar Diminishing Serum: I am all about trying any spot corrector/serum the market has to offer. This one from Kate Somerville is one of the best. I like that it also hydrate the scar to help with the correcting. It is really great for treating old and new scars. I have seen improvement on the fading of my scars. I just wish the product has more than 20 ml of product.
 
12. Ren Vita Mineral Omega-3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil: A staple in my skincare routine, even more so during the colder months of December when it rained a lot and my skin was slightly dry. It is very fast absorbing too. I normally use it after a serum and before my moisturizer.
 
 
 13. By Terry Baume de Rose: Now, I get why this is such a cult product. This heavenly rose scented lip balm is made mostly of rose petal wax. It is the kind of lip balm that provides a long lasting hydration for the lips. They stay on my lips for so long and I don't have to top it off every single time.
 
14. SK II Facial Treatment Essence: I have always been a skincare advocate. I believe in giving the best for my skin. And that is what this does. It truly is a miracle water. My skin is so balanced, radiant and believe me my hormonal acne is kept dormant the whole time I was using this. I will finish my first bottle and share with you my experience in a separate post. This truly deserves a post to its name.
 
15. SK II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion: If you think that toner never does anything, you have probably never tried this. Besides, prepping my skin for the essence, the SK II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion helps to gently exfoliate my skin. When I first started using this, I have also seen my acne shrinking and drying up faster than ever before. I cannot live without it and I certainly won't stop using it.
 
 What have you been loving in December? Share the link if you have made a December favourites post or video!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.