Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Four Fabulous Drugstore Red Lipsticks and More

 
I have come a long way of loving red lipsticks. I do believe that you need to find yourself first before braving to wear a red lip. At least that is what I thought. It was certainly a process for me to find reds that work for me. Or simply put, reds that I can actually rock. Over the years, I found that brighter reds fared so well on me. They vary from fuchsia red, strawberry red to orangey reds. Darker reds tend to make me look fierce.
 
 
Lately, I am so pleased to see more and more fabulous red from the drugstore. Trust me, you are going to find one that suits you if you look around. I have four to share with you today including three more drugstore red lipstick suggestions at the end of this post.
 
L-R: Essence Dare to Wear, Loreal Julianne's Red, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Frambourjoise and Maybelline Lip Polish in Pop 6
 
Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Dare to Wear
 My first red from the drugstore is from the Essence Long Lasting Lipstick range in Dare to Wear. In the bullet it looks like a blue tone classic red shade. On the lips, I can actually see that it has a fuchsia tone to it that brightens my smile and my face. It has a creamy texture which makes it a good entry level red lipstick. I believe this range has arrived in Malaysian drugstore recently.
 
Lore'al Julianne's Red
The next one is rather a lucky purchase where I asked my husband to get it for me while he was overseas. It was a blind purchase that I anticipated to like because it is a bright red. This is from the Loreal Pure Reds Collection in Julianne's Red. It is great because it has a powdery matte finish. Awesome staying power. It applies easily as well, as it does not drag the lips like some matte lipsticks do. I have tried several Loreal lipsticks in the past but this is the best out of all of them. If you love bold matte lipstick, then look this way.
 
Maybelline Lip Polish in Pop 6
 One for the glossy lip lovers or if you hate the feeling of a matte lip or you struggle with dry lips and can hardly pull off a matte lip without your lips looking like a desert. If you love a little bit of shine to your pout without compromising in pigmentation, the Maybelline Lip Polish is the one for you. For a red, the Maybelline Lip Polish in Pop 6 is not overly glossy and not too overbearing. It is comfortable to wear, moisturizing on the lips and packs a punch of an orangey red shade.
 
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Frambourjoise
 Saving the best for last. My favourite lip product invention from the drugstore thus far. They are lightweight and fees velvety on the lips. It dries down to a matte finish just in time for you to distribute and blend the colour onto your lips. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Frambourjoise is my favourite red out of 4 red shades  (Frambourjoise, Grand Cru, Personne Rouge, Hot Pepper) they have in the line. So, I think you may find one red that tickles your fancy from this line.
 
That is not all, folks. From my own research, I have found other reds from the drugstore that are equally as fabulous:
 
1. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout (RM 36)
2. Sephora Lip Cream Stain in 01 Always Red and 03 Strawberry Kissed (RM 54)
3. Elianto Brilliant Riche Lip Color in 06 Wild (RM 25) review by Farisha Nadia here
 
 
 What drugstore red lipstick do you have under your radar? I would love to know.
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh God! The Loreal one is such an amazing color! Inlove with matte! Oh and I have this one red lipstick from Nyx called Bloody Mary which is a blue-toned cranberry red... a very gorgeous color! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..mmg sgt cantik lah nyx bloody mary..i have to check that out soon..thank you for commenting anis!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.