Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder, Ambient Lighting Blush and Ambient Lighting Blush Palette

 
In my opinion, Hourglass Cosmetics is one of the leading and technology driven makeup company. They are not just another makeup company selling makeup. They have a selling point that is high performance makeup and only using best quality ingredients. Their powders are Paraben-free, Talc-free, Fragrance-free, Nanoparticle-free and Gluten-free. They offer something really different that stand out in the market. I want to try all of their products but the brand has not yet launched in Malaysia or even Europe. I know that Hourglass products are available for purchase only in the United States and the United Kingdom. However, in my years of living abroad, I had the chance to purchase their products via Space.NK. And I am so glad I did.
 
 
Their Ambient Lighting Powder and Blush have definitely been one of their best selling products that set every makeup addict into a frenzy to run and get it. I was one of them. My first product from Hourglass was their Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. Unlike traditional powders that only covers the surface the skin, this powder enhances the skin with transparent micron-size colour correcting particles. The objective is to make skin more luminescent and less harsh under a light source. The shade corresponds to the light it wants the skin to emulate. Dim Light is what I would call a complexion perfecting powder. It softens the textural issues that I have on my skin and makes my complexion looks flawless and perfect. I normally dust it all over my face as a fininshing powder after I set my makeup with a compact/loose powder. See me wearing it here. From the swatch below, you can see that the powder has a slight beige tint to it.
 
 
The blushes on the other hand, are special and unique on its own. It is a signature piece from Hourglass. A true gem. These blushes are so effortless to wear. Just nicely pigmented while providing a veil of colour. They practically blend themselves and meld on the skin as one. They are not a flat out matte, nor are they frosty/too shimmery to the point of emphasizing pores like I experienced with M.A.C Mineralize Blush. They definitely have that soft glow going on. They look natural and seamless on the skin. You literally cannot go wrong or go overboard with them.They are blushes with attitude, dimension and character. There is not a trace of powdery-ness or cakey-ness. The powders themselves are so finely milled and so smooth.
 
Taken under daylight, L-R: Dim Light, Dim Infusion, Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra and Mood Exposure
 
The first shade that I purchased was Dim Light, a soft peach. The shade is very subtle and may only shows up on light to medium skin tones. On me, it is a great blush if I want that barely-there-blush-look. It is a great for a smokey eye and a red lip too. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette (LE) is a  great addition to my Hourglass blush stash. The shade Luminous Flush is the shade that I have been lusting over for some time. It is a pinky apricot shade, a bit more intense that Dim Infusion.
 
Taken under direct sunlight
Incandescent Electra (LE shade) is the most shimmery out of all them. It is a beautiful peachy pink shade with micro silver shimmer running through it.The shimmer is on the subtle side. On the cheeks, it does not emphasize appearance of my pores. The pigmentation is consistent with other blushes in the permanent line. Mood Exposure is a very neutral plum shade. It reminds me of Tarte Exposed, with a bit of a glow. It is really beautiful on and I get why so many people love this shade.
 
I really feel that they are the "one of a kind" kinda blush. They are definitely worth splurging and spending your money on. I think they would make a great and useful gift or a treat for someone special. I also love the mirror that it comes with.
 
What will you be trying first from Hourglass?
 
 

3 comments:

  1. oooohhh so lush! Love the look of them.Have crossed my mind a few times but I am just not too sure if they would be worth the splurge if I am not that big on make up. But i really do love the look of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fion Paris Jackson7 January 2015 at 06:18

    looks soooo pretty!!! i love the colour of the blushes!!

    peace and love,
    http://fionism.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these blushes! Sometimes I feel like the sheerness of these blushes all blend to the same sort of shade, but they have a beautiful finish regardless!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.