Friday, 9 January 2015

My M.A.C Lipsticks Stash and a Dupe


When it comes to MAC lipsticks they can be a hit or a miss for me. Or let's just say, I am a hard woman to please when it comes to lipsticks or other things which I should not disclose here #justsaying. I know many beauty lovers out there love them. I know for a fact that their lipsticks are such classics, loved and endorsed by celebrities. However, they are something that I have to proceed with caution before buying. So far, I have a few that are on my radar and they kinda grew on me recently. 

L-R: MAC Viva Glam V | MAC Venus | MAC Cut a Caper | MAC Brave
M.A.C selection of colours are just beyond. They have so many irresistible colours. So many of everything; nude, pinks, beige, you name it. Not to mention the sleek bullet shaped packaging that looks like they mean business, you know what I'm saying? Recently, I found that I love MAC Lustre and Satin lipsticks formulation the best. I only wish for their lustre lipsticks to be more even in application and less drying as they wear. I mean, there is always room for improvement, right?

Bottom to Top: MAC Viva Glam V | MAC Venus | MAC Cut A Caper | MAC Brave
 I have only 4 colours in my collection. There is one that I don't care for; MAC Viva Glam V coz it is too full of gold glitters) and three that are a mainstay in my stash.

Wearing MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave
MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave is my recent acquisition. I wanted it so bad after trying it in store for the first time. Can't get it out of my head, so I might as well just buy it. It is a muted kinda ashy rose shade that makes it a perfect nude against my skin and natural lip colour. It screams NARS Audacious in Anita (here). More on that as you scroll down.


Wearung MAC Lustre Lipstick in Cut a Caper (LE)
MAC Cut a Caper is a keeper. Not only because it is a limited edition but it is the colour that makes my heart skips a beat. It is a light coral pink shade. It is a cream shade without any shimmers running through. A win-win for me as I don't like my lipsticks to have shimmers or be frosty looking.  I love this shade so much that I will surely buy more if MAC repromotes it again. 


Wearing MAC Lustre Lipstick in Venus
Finally is the MAC lipstick in Venus, which I would describe as a medium toned pink. It has a very subtle golden shimmer but not as saturated or frosty as Viva Glam V. I love it because it is easy to slap on for every look. With lustre finishes, they normally have a glossy finish, quite sheer but buildable and less long wearing compared to MAC satin lipstick formula.


Top: MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave | Bottom: Nars Audacious Lipstick in Anita
I compared MAC Brave and NARS Anita to see their similarities.  As you can see they are closely related in texture and in colour. I would say that NARS Anita is a smidge darker. NARS Anita could be more similar to MAC Faux but I have to confirm back. And MAC Faux is my next MAC lipstick conquest.

You can now purchase MAC online now here in Malaysia. I heard their service is great too.



What MAC lipstick(s) or products(s) would you suggest me to try next?




4 comments:

  1. MAC please me lipstick is beautiful.its my fave MAC lippie so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MAC lipstick so much! Kalau boleh nak semua.... Haha. Lustre finishes banyak cantik tapi saya x suka jenis lustre. Sedih. Jenis matte dan satin paling saya suka. Servis MAC Malaysia (online) sangat tip top! Nak cuba Velvet Teddy, Good Kisser, Nouvelle Vouge, Del Rio & etc...


    Saya suggest kak cuba Twig. Cantik color tu... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. swatched please me yesterday, and i thought it was too pink for me..but i love kinda sexy and faux..those are next on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. tu lah akk pun dgr drpd june and yg lain2 yg service online mac bagus..akk pun tempted je nk order online..smlm swatch faux and kinda sexy tau...ish cantiknye..lupa pulak nak swatch twig..nnti akk tgk..thanks for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.