Thursday, 8 January 2015

Review: Before and After By Terry Cover Expert Foundation

 
I know there were a lot of new foundation launches this year. As much as I am itching to try them, I feel like it could get too overwhelming in the foundation front. After trying out a healthy amount of foundations and bases in the past year, I decided to slow down a little. The first cause is, I think I have found what I look for and want in a foundation. The second reason being; I have enough foundation to last me for the next 2 years or maybe more. The By Terry Cover Expert however, is an exception. I have been wanting to try it for so long and not being able to be  matched to my shade because there is no physical store that sells By Terry in Holland is a real bummer. Something in my guts tells me that I am going to love and live by this foundation. And I was right. As a continuation to my first impression (here), here's an in-depth review of By Terry Cover Expert Foundation that I was matched to shade 5 Peach Beige

 When I first tested it at the back of my hand, it feels soft on the skin and it sets to a semi matte finish. It almost set to a powder but not quite as powdery. Post application, my skin feels soft and velvety to the touch. You can practically go about it without setting it with a powder if you have normal to dry skin. What stands out about this foundation is how it provides a correcting coverage. You can see from the photo above how well it actually corrects and covers my dark spots and uneven skin tone on my chin area. I was not wearing any concealer in the photo.
 
For me, the coverage is a good medium, where you don't really need a lot of concealer afterwards. It does cover and correct any unevenness without losing the skin's natural light and luminousity. The coverage is not mask like. If I have to compare it to another foundation, it'd be close to Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. Chanel PLV is thicker in texture and has less correcting ability than By Terry. On my combination-oily skin, oiliness starts to show after approximately 4-5 hours of wear in hot and humid weather condition. That was when I normally blot and touch up with a powder. Personally, I don't feel like a foundation need to be long wearing necessarily because I do not want makeup on my face for a whole day. Trust me, it would not look pretty and it will certainly oxidize. And By Terry Cover Expert is certainly not made to be long wearing. I would say that this foundation is great if you have normal and combination to oily skin. I would not recommend it for those with dry skin as it will cling to dry patches on the skin.
 
The shade 5 Peach Beige is also right for me as it does not darken or oxidize on me. With Chanel foundation I always find that I am somehwere in between B30 and B40. The By Terry Cover Expert has been the foundation that I have been reaching for the most since I first got it one and a half month ago. It has not left my makeup bag at all. That makes it a must-have for me.I just love the matte velvety finish, luminous coverage that it gives.
 
What is your favourite feature(s) to look for in a foundation?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.