Tuesday, 20 January 2015

The Toner That Dramatically Changes My Skin, No Joke!!

 
We heard it all from beauty skeptics that toner does nothing to the skin. Being the optimist, I believe that toner primes the skin to be more receptive to serums, essence and moisturizer. It dampens the skin so the skin can absorb the products better. I believe that toner should me many things but harsh, drying and full of alcohol. I have been using toners since I was 18 and has never missed this step in my routine ever. I have tried a fair share (sprays, exfoliating, hydrating, astringent) and the SK II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion really is the one for me. It has changed my skin and I am thankful to have found this toner. What started off as a 30 ml deluxe sample bloomed into a lifelong commitment that I will stick to.
 
 
Let's first look at the ingredients:
 
Water, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin. Methylyparaben, Sodium Benzoate, PEG-150, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Cellulose Gum, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate
Now, I am no Paula Begoum or a skincare expert but when I read the ingredients there's really nothing dangerously alarming about them like Alcohol being the first ingredient or something. Butylene Glycol is simply a humectant that helps the skin to retain moisture. I see 4 skin-friendly acids and a Sodium Hyaluronate which is the sodium salt of Hyaluronic Acid, a common hydrating powerhouse for the skin.
 
Let's talk performance. What I noticed most is how it keeps my blemishes at bay. I would normally have at least three hormonal acne popping out around my period. Since I started using SK II FTCL two months ago, it has reduced the acne sprout to just one. And when the acne does come, this toner helps it from being aggravated and become bigger. Instead, it helps shrink it to a white head in just a few days. Literally, this toner is invincible to acne and pimples. It really lives up to its name. It has really clear up my skin while being kind to my skin. I do not notice extreme dryness or stinging on my skin. It also helps balances my oiliness too. I found that my skin is just at its optimum right now and I would like to keep it that way.
 
The SK II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion is practically great for us who struggles with acne or adult acne. If you have dry skin but struggle with acne, then I would suggest to only use the toner on affected areas only. This toner works so well on my combination-oily skin. Simply put, it is a gentle skin clearing and exfoliating toner.
 
It is also a great accompaniment to my SK II Facial Treatment Essence. The two just go together like lock and key. It simply enhances the performance of the essence. If you are a keen user of the reputable SK II FTE, try adding SK II FTCL to your routine. At RM 189 for 150  ml, I think the price is great for the benefits that it gives my skin. It is going to take a long time to run out. I will continue making the investment until I find one that rivals it. I adamantly and strongly feel that, if you are like me, you will benefit from using this toner.  It deserves the 5 stars.
 
 
P.S. Somehow I see that Luxola is selling SK II products at a slightly higher price than the departmental stores. If you were to buy from Luxola, make sure you have a discount code.
 
Do you do toner?
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. my skin is partially oily and partially dry, and at the age of 23 i am still battling with acne. do you think it's okay for me to try this SK-II toner? Use it alone or with the FTE ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How tempting! Btw what's your opinion about paraben? Surely any formulation pun have followed the right guidelines of percentage and what type of paraben or what not, but due to lack of scientific data we consumers kadang2 mcm clueless of what's really harmful or harmless. Any opinion on this sis? Tq btw :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have not read much about it..there's stil more studies need to be done to really anchor that the cause of cancer is paraben..but for a toner, I think the effect can be negligible..in 2005 diorg dah proof yg it does not cause cancer..but watch out for butyl parabens and iso butyl paraben as it can accumulate in animal cells http://www.danishskincare.com/skincare_guides/parabens_skincareproducts/

    ReplyDelete
  4. then you are like me,I am almost 30 and still has acne.. tp sejak pakai sk ii skin jd more balanced..i think yes you will benefit from this..i always use them together FTCL+FTE..but if you are on a budget and want to see your acne go away fast, then buy FTCL first and use it with whatever serum you have..the FTCL also get rave reviews from users on Luxola..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used SKII for almost 4 years. no skin problem until one day.. disaster came! haha. this toner made my skin dry badly. mayb that time i just got back from island, with the heat etc.. i apply toner and essence but few days later.. the skin started to dry out.. i stop using it for a while and now i found a replacement to SKII, its bio essence bird nest! hhaha.. cheap and wonderful too..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.