Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Top Eyeshadow Sticks + FOTD


 
The thing with owning potted cream eyeshadows are they run a risk of drying out so fast due to a bigger surface area they have exposed to air. Plus, most of them do not really come with a stopper to stop the air trapped in between the screw cap lid from drying and oxidizing the product inside. That brings me to the next point as to why I prefer eyeshadow sticks. They simply last better and don't dry out. If they do, I can always sharpen them to reveal fresher products. Besides, they are so convenient to travel with. I have tried so many in the past, and if you have been a follower from the start, you will know that I love me some eyeshadow sticks. I also feel like they have come a long way and I keep finding better formulations now on the market than it was when I first started this blog. I have six to mention today. They all have one thing in common; super long lasting, great selection of shades and easy to blend. Let's do it chronologically.
 
1. Clinique Chubby Stick For Eyes: Easy on the eyes with the blunt and rounded end. If you are not into sparkle or shimmer, then get this offering from Clinique. They are on the subtle spectrum of eyeshadow sticks but just as long lasting and fool proof as the other. These are a great choice for mature ladies or for anyone, really. I used it on my crease and outer V for my look below.
 
2. Essence Stay On No Matter What Eye Pencil + Shadow: The drugstore king of eyeshadow sticks. The one that surpasses my expectation. It is intensely pigmented great to use as a smudged out liner or as an all over colour on the eyes. I would say the finish of them are satin. You know, the middle road betwen metallic and glittery. You get the best of both worlds.
 
3. Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow (LE): It is such a shame that these are limited editions. I find them to be quite a distingusihable eyeshadow sticks. Once you applied it on your lids, you will feel a cooling sensation. And they just like glide almost as if they melted upon skin contact. I have two shades, Black Stream and Jade Shore. They are glittery but not metallic. Black Stream has a rather scattered silvery micro glitter while Jade Shore has more glitter index.
 

L-R: Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow Stick, Essence Stay On No Matter What, By Terry Ombre Black Star, Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow and Laura Mercier Caviar Stick
 
4. By Terry Ombre Blackstar: I don't think that eyeshadow sticks can get any better than this and the next two in line. Blunt nib checked, even application checked and budge proof checked. I am a satisfied customer already. Or a beauty blogger for that matter.
 
5. Kiko Long Lasting Eyeshadow Sticks: Shall I just blurt it out that this offering from Kiko is just as great as the high end counterpart of By Terry and Laura Mercier? It is in fact better because it costs less than BT OB and LM CS. A great bargain for sure. I just wish that Kiko is available here in Malaysia.
 
6. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick: The newest addition to my collection. When I first swatched the shade Amethyst, I already knew I want to own it. They feel very creamy upon application and they set nicely with just the right amount of time to blend them. It's a keeper.
 
 
Throughout the existence of this blog, I have been using them in a lot of  FOTDs. I think they are not only versatile for an efforless look. Did you know that you can do a full blown smokey eye with just using a few eyeshadow sticks? No brushes involved either? Count me in!!
 
 

 And tada!! Here's the overall look using only eyeshadow sticks to create this plummy brown smokey eye. I like it a lot.

Have you tried creating a complete eye look with cream/stick eyeshadows before?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.