Wednesday, 4 February 2015

As Nude As I Can Go

 
Nude lipsticks and I go way back. Although, I have never been one to fall for concealer lips, I have my own arsenal of nude lipsticks that suit me the most. Nudes have come a long way with a variety of undertones, tones, and finishes. For me, I gravitated towards rosy nude, peachy nude, mauvey nude and browny nude the best. They are mostly medium tone in general. You may not consider these nude, but to me they are as nude as I can go.
 
 
Over the last course of the month, I have discovered more and more nude lipsticks that blow me away. Some have been in my stash for a while and some are a pleasent new discoveries for me. If you are curious of what nude lipstick that suits you, it should be at least one shade darker or brighter than your natural lip colour. It should almost mimic your natural lip colour.
 
 
I personally feel like they are often confused and interchangably used with MLBB lipsticks. I guess a nude lipstick can also serve as an MLBB lisptick. Don't you think so too? Here are some of my top favourites:
 
 
1. Kate Rouge Hg in BE 33: One from a high quality drugstore brand, this shade is a straight up peach tone nude. Great in the bullet and on the lips. You can see me wearing it below.
 
 
2. Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Spice Spice Baby: A mix bag of every tones thrown together in a single bullet.  Another favourite of mine to pair particularly with a bronzy brown smokey eye. A gorgeous little number. Worn here.
 
3. Chanel Rouge Coco Shines in Fetiche: A muted mauvey nude. A keeper for everyday and the shade always makes the wearer looks sophisticated and polished. A posh nude, I shall say. Worn here.
 
4. Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle: A rather shocking I did not know I am gonna love discovery. It looks rather brown when swatched but on the lips it pulls off more mauve. I am so glad to discover this!! Worn here.
 
5. M.A.C Lipstick in Brave: Matte or satiny nudes are my new thing. And MAC Brave is no stranger to that. It is a beautiful pinky rose nude. Although I love a sheen on my lips, matte nudes are great when I want a different look to my lips. Worn here.
 
 
6. Chanel Rouge Allure in Instinctive: A slightly darker version of the Kate Rouge Hg in BE 33. This shade looks good on its own and even better on any smokey eyes. I have used this so much I have just a tiny bit left. Worn here.
 
7. Dior Addict Extreme in Silhouette: A medium peach nude. This number from Dior stays on longer than an average pigmented sheer lipsticks. It has a sheen which is always a flattering feature for a nude lipstick. Worn here.
 
8. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita: No words. Just the most beautiful antiqued rose nude that I ever own. This has filled a large void that has been missing in my nude lipstick arsenal. It makes my lips look plump too. I can never thank it enough. Worn here.
 
9. Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Dynamic: Not exactly a typical nude but it is the most natural toned lipstick ever. It has just the right amount of light and contrast that makes it flattering on light medium, medium and darker skin tones. Worn here.
 
 
Well, now you know my favourite nudes, what's yours?

1 comment:

  1. It's been awhile since ur last update.. hope you are doing well.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.