Friday, 24 July 2015

Friday's Face #39: My Kylie Jenner Inspired Look



I am probably late to the party on this one but I figured there's a always a time and a place to pull off this look. And for me, it is a day like today and a post such as this one because let's face it I ain't Kylie Jenner who can pull off this look and walk on the streets like nobody's business in this makeup. So, this is me being edgy, bold and unexpected on a Friday.


It all started with these lip combo; Essence Long Lasting Lipliner in Lovely Frappucino and Bourgeois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist. The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist is not quite as matte and is not quite Kylie Jenner's- esque alone but together with the lipliner it makes the perfect matte dark mauve lip colour.

Left to right: Essence Long Lasting Lipliner in Lovely Frappucino, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist and Essence Lovely Frappucino + Bourjois REV in Nude-ist
I am quite digging the combination of these lip colour combination. It may be too matte for my liking, so I will probably put a gloss or a balm on top. Let me tell you, the colour lasted for so long. If you have these on your lips, trust me it is going to last you beyond lunch break.  

I kept the rest of the complexion rather bare and skin like but perfected with just a thin layer of foundation and point concealing. The cheeks are warmed up with just a wisp of bronzer for that sunkissed glow.


Face: 
Estee Lauder Futurist Aqua Brilliance in Tawny | NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger | Chanel Poudre Libre in 30

Cheeks:
The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 03 | Bourjois Poudre de Riz Illuminating Powder


Eyes:
Catrice Eyebrow Set | Benefit Gimme Brown in 02 Medium | Bourgeois Color Edition 24h in Petale de Glace (inner corner) | Maybelline Color Tattoo in Metallic Pommegranate (on the eyelids) | Catrice Defining Blush in Rosewood Forest (outer V blended through the crease) | The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 03 (t blend everything on the crease) | Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner in Black (winged liner on upper lash line) | Peri Pera Eyeliner in Brown (lower lash line) | Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara

Lips:
Essence Long Lasting Lipliner in 05 Lovely Frappucino | Bourgeois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist

That is the look done. I think the 90's lip rend has really inspired a lot of people to find and create their own version of it. For me, it is the look that you see today and I am so glad to share it with you especially when you can easily create it from the convenience of a drugstore. 

Have you hopped on the Kylie Jenner lip trend? 


1 comment:

  1. aisyahdecullen26 July 2015 at 07:59

    Lovely makeup look Fatimah! :D I love the colours you choose as well. Subdued & classy. And as for the lip trend, uhmm.. nope.. xD but I like her choice of colours. In terms of makeup, I prefer her sister Kendall's natural looking makeup.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.